Legion

tim_stim_s Senior MemberPosts: 1,859 Senior Member

if you haven't been watching, you're missing out

https://youtube.com/watch?v=frf0HepcB7w

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,273 Senior Member

What am I missing out on? Can't remember the last time I looked at the TV.

My TV looks like this these days:

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,162 Senior Member

Wow. Joe, I totally expected you to say something different. :)

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,804 Senior Member

I don't know how he finds time to post here. :)

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,162 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    I don't know how he finds time to post here. :)

Lol. I know, right?

Just teasing, Joe.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 996 Senior Member

I've never been a fan of sci-fi unless it's funny like Guardians of the Galaxy or Deadpool.

I know you are Sherb.

With all there is to see and do outdoors and see in the world in general, I have hard time wrapping my head around how people get sucked into spending hours in front of the TV watching all of these shows. Seems like a big waste of time.

When I get done with work around 4-5 pm every day...sitting down in front of the TV is the last thing I want to do during the week or on the weekend.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,804 Senior Member
    edited June 13 #8

@NZ Indicator said:
    I know you are Sherb.

With all there is to see and do outdoors and see in the world in general, I have hard time wrapping my head around how people get sucked into spending hours in front of the TV watching all of these shows. Seems like a big waste of time.

When I get done with work around 4-5 pm every day...sitting down in front of the TV is the last thing I want to do during the week or on the weekend.

I'm with you. I mostly do it when I have to because it makes my wife happy. She loves to get all comfy and watch a show with me. I cant be on the phone or distracted in any way or it's no good. It's time well spent.

edited June 14 #9

@MikeA said:

@NZ Indicator said:
    I know you are Sherb.

I'm with you. I mostly do it when I have to because it makes my wife happy. She loves to get all comfy and watch a show with me. I cant be on the phone or distracted in any way or it's no good. It's time well spent.

I usually do that in the winter on week days. Only because it's dark at night after work and there's not much to do. She ropes me into about an hour of watching some sitcoms she recorded 2 maybe 3 days of the week.

I've been trying to get her to cut the cord on the whole dishnet thing, but haven't been successful.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,704 Senior Member

This is coming from a guy who probably spends 2 hours everyday spouting nonsense on-line.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 996 Senior Member

Wow, taking a thread about TV and being outside and turning it into a personal attack in one post. This must be some sort of record.

@fishingcomic said:
    This is coming from a guy who probably spends 2 hours everyday spouting nonsense on-line.

Says the guy who argues with everyone online and thinks he's always right.

:)

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,859 Senior Member

i just think it's a cool TV show, and the opening clip i linked from the season finale for season 2 is pretty bad ****

for the record i currently coach two softball teams (middle school is undefeated and should win the championship tonight!),i have a middle daughter who plays on another travel team (same org, younger age than my eldest, who i also coach)......i have 270+ peppers going in the garden for my hot sauce business, i am still in school, and will work a summer job the first day of vacation......and i chase a 4 year old around as well.......so yeah, when my days end somewhere on the north side of 9pm, i like to sit with a glass of tequila to watch TV.....and i prefer something good & challenging over mindless pap.......Legion is certainly that.......

i used to fish.......BS......Before Softball

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

So what is it that I'm missing? That question hasn't been answered.

With longer daylight this time of year, my days are ending around 10:30 by the time I get home from the stream. Then it's bed time for me!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file