This Day in Historical Birthdays

BushartBushart Senior MemberPosts: 1,793 Senior Member

Anyway.....today is my birthday---and this day is also historically significant
But there's 3 of them in my family

Me---June 6---D-Day
My oldest sister---Dec 7---Pearl Harbour
My youngest sister---March 15---ides of March--bad day for ole Julius

This may be fluffy---but what happened on yours?

I remember a comic once talkin----he said that Irish people think they're special cuz their kids are often born around Christmas---turns out that the reason is too much drunken sex at St Paddy's day is the reason :)

Replies

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 996 Senior Member

I was born on the day the music died.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member

When Buddy bought it?

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,809 Senior Member

September 6 - Canadian TV began in 1952, in Montreal. Don't blame me.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Wow--wonder what was on?

PS---I'm talkin day--I was not born in 44--and my younger sis was not in Rome :)

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,162 Senior Member

I share a birthday with Gandhi and Kelly Ripa. In fact, Kelly and I were born on the same exact day.

I don't recall anything of note happening that day.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,601 Senior Member

19 April. American Revolution begins with the Battle of Concord and Lexington. I remember the Oklahoma City bombing happened on my birthday. Also the government burned the branch davidians to the ground on 19 April.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,601 Senior Member

PS

Happy Birthday, Bushart!

Thanks Shawn
    Think you win---I never knew April 19th was such a day

My best friend and I were born on the same day---I'm like 12 hrs older----I've never let him forget it---now these 40 something years of friendship---we actually never met till high school---but it's been 40 years of respect yur elders

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,704 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:
    19 April. American Revolution begins with the Battle of Concord and Lexington. I remember the Oklahoma City bombing happened on my birthday. Also the government burned the branch davidians to the ground on 19 April.

That is one day too early.

Happy Birthday Bushart

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,697 Senior Member

Happy Birthday

Mine is Nov. 7. Just a few that I found.
    1893 - The state of Colorado granted its women the right to vote.
    1895 - The last spike was driven into Canada's first transcontinental railway in the mountains of British Columbia.
    1917 - Russia's Bolshevik Revolution took place. The provisional government of Alexander Kerensky was overthrown by forces led by Vladimir Ilyich Lenin.
    1932 - "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" was broadcast for the first on CBS Radio.
    1940 - The middle section of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in Washington state collapsed during a windstorm. The suspension bridge had opened to traffic on July 1, 1940.
    1944 - U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt became the first person to win a fourth term as president.
    1963 - The comedy "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" premiered in Hollywood.
    1967 - U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signed a bill establishing the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Thanks Comic

AND Fish....Got a whole new respect for Nov7
    PS--that last spike they tell us----made us a country---coast to coast

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file