Get Out of Here

2»

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,815 Senior Member

You make a good point. The Google and Mozilla incidents were all about virtue signaling, where the NFL is looking at their bottom line. I can understand a business decision. I've just been impressed by CK's refusal to budge. I figured he would be a flash in the pan. I respect his commitment even if I disagree with his politics.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,739 Senior Member

How much was because Colin Kaepernick was not signed? Many people were boycotting for that reason. How much was because of the brain injury thing? One of the reasons my dad stopped watching. How much was because the Giants had a sucky season. One of the reasons I stopped watching.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,805 Senior Member

I also think it is a combination of things. The main reason I no longer watch non-Steelers games is due to the excessive ads & too many penalties. Newsflash NFL: Nobody watches or goes to a sporting event to see the refs preen.

Chris, if people stop watching because the Giants suck then the league is soon to collapse. ;)

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,739 Senior Member

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.