Constitutional crisis

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 3,557 Senior Member

So some federal judge ruled that Trump can't block people on Twitter. I have some thoughts.

So what happens when Trump inevitably doesn't unblock them? Does the Federal Court send the Marshalls to his house?

Trump is making everybody-including the August and esteemed federal judiciary-act like idiots. Why on earth would a Federal judge grant relief in a case like this? What a waste of resources, time, and money.

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,557 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #2

Finally, we consider what form of relief should be awarded,
    as plaintiffs seek both declaratory relief and injunctive relief.
    While we reject defendants’ categorical assertion that injunctive
    relief cannot ever be awarded against the President, we nonetheless
    conclude that it is unnecessary to enter that legal thicket at
    this time. A declaratory judgment should be sufficient, as no
    government official -- including the President -- is above the
    law, and all government officials are presumed to follow the law
    as has been declared.

yeah. . . good one. Nice Dodge.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,936 Senior Member

Freedom to speak doesn't mean Trump has to listen.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,557 Senior Member

I just read the decision. I stand by my earlier reporting.

That's right, fellas. A Federal Judge just ruled that not being able to reply to Donald Trump's tweets constitutes a "legally cognizable injury" capable of being redressed by a federal court.

Everything is so stupid right now.

Even Ed B. is gone. The apocalypse is well-nigh upon us.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,569 Senior Member

Stupid decisions arise from stupid actions.
    It’s all surreal.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,632 Senior Member

Watching from the sidelines all the chaos and hilarity of those so vehemently opposed to anything Trump was worth the price of admission.

@MikeA said:
    Watching from the sidelines all the chaos and hilarity of those so vehemently opposed to anything Trump was worth the price of admission.

Well, if nothing else we have all been entertained, no matter your political persuasions. So we at least have that!

Re: your avatar. Is that your old best buddy or did you guys get another lab?

• ThingamabobberThingamabobber Posts: 2 Junior Member

If they don't like it they can move out of the country. Maybe they don't understand that the first ammendment doesn't mean we have to listen to them.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,632 Senior Member

Yes that was Drake. He was something else. Drake practically raised my girls. Every day he waited listening for the bus to slow down so he could chase them on the bikes and swing sets when they got home.
    No, we decided we wern't ready for the responsibility and hair that comes with a Lab, or any dog for now.

My wife lost a daughter from her first marriage three years ago, she was 25 years old. We were devastated and I wasn't sure if she would ever be the same. Then last year, on mothers day, a kitten showed up out of the blue at our door and in need of serious vet care. I didn't want a cat or any vet bills so I resisted. The timing of when she showed up, and the overall sweet disposition of the cat made it impossible to send it packing. I'm not usually one to believe divine intervention stories but that little cat truly helped my wife get her life back. I've since grown to care for it a great deal myself. It's amazing the healing power animals can have in our lives. They really do enrich your life if you love them.

@Thingamabobber said:
    If they don't like it they can move out of the country. Maybe they don't understand that the first ammendment doesn't mean we have to listen to them.

Ah yes, reductio ad absurdium. Come back with something thoughtful, if not humorous or insulting.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,936 Senior Member

So can a person spam the sh-it out of Nancy Pelosi's twitter feed and then sue when she block them?

Asking for a friend.

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 909 Senior Member

Twitter is for twits.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,298 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:
    So can a person spam the sh-it out of Nancy Pelosi's twitter feed and then sue when she block them?

Asking for a friend.

You think that doesn't already happen? If it is not a DOS attack, I doubt anything would happen.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.