Why I love NYC

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 23,300 Senior Member
'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member

That's sweet. They serenaded him.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,300 Senior Member

And in his favorite language.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,691 Senior Member

And the first number was La Cucuracha.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,942 Senior Member

Looks like Los Angeles.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,939 Senior Member

Too many people. Too many concrete trees.

They don't want you there anyway.

Get a room, guys.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,942 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    They don't want you there anyway.

Amazing that you know this.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • joyescapejoyescape Posts: 13 Junior Member

What an adorable scenery, like everyone, is singing along.

@George K said:
    Get a room, guys.

Do we have sing Kumbaya and does the room have to be in NYC?

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 444 Senior Member

I am imagine it more like that Meatloaf song where he does the duet about doing anything for love except for that with Fishingcomic on the motorcycle, but I am have difficult time thinking what the that is which you two are claim to not do.

@bmmike said:
    I am imagine it more like that Meatloaf song where he does the duet about doing anything for love except for that with Fishingcomic on the motorcycle, but I am have difficult time thinking what the that is which you two are claim to not do.

This. Just keep it civil.

This is 6 posts too late.

Need to stop running and get off the wheel... No finish line in the rat race.

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 444 Senior Member

I’ve had the meatloaf song in my head ever since I brought it up, and I keep picturing fishingcomic on the motorcycle like I seem to remember in the music video but maybe that was different meatloaf music video.

I’ll bet Sheb really turned up the volume to that song when it came on the radio — it seems like something he might have listened to.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,557 Senior Member

@bmmike said:

>

I’ll bet Sheb really turned up the volume to that song when it came on the radio — it seems like something he might have listened to.

There are so many amendments. . . in the Constitution. . .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.