Every Anglo Saxon's Son

BushartBushart Senior MemberPosts: 2,608 Senior Member

OK---many nights the wife and I watch our movie library together (around other things--sports, entertaining and on)
So ...we always pick something that will accommodate each other's tastes

Well tonight she opted for finales on tv---leaving me a "MAN" movie on my own in the cave

Well the choice gets tough...Geronimo?...First Blood?....Last of The Mohicans?.. Saving Ryan's Privates?..etc, etc...

Well like all good Celts.......Braveheart

What You gonna choose in this time?

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,948 Senior Member

Last of The Mohicans

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • bmmikebmmike Posts: 510 Senior Member

I will choose to sit in glorious silence instead.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,756 Senior Member

Hey, at least you and your wife have some movies that you both like. My wife and I are polar opposites when it comes to movie tastes. Music, too.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,608 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:
    Hey, at least you and your wife have some movies that you both like. My wife and I are polar opposites when it comes to movie tastes. Music, too.

Dang Man!!

Annually the wife will watch--Jeremiah Johnson and Rio Bravo
    And has gone to concert with me to watch Neil Young and Crazy Horse

I should note that we also watch dramas like Con Air, Lincoln Lawyer or Armageddon

and I will also watch some Rom Com's ---or straight up coms (Like analyze this etc.)

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,815 Senior Member

I suggest "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter".

Speaking of Braveheart, which is fun to watch but as truthful and accurate as a Trump tweet, Benedict Cumberbatch was interviewed on Steven Colbert's show the other night. He related how he spent the summer (or year?) at age 19 before entering university teaching English in a Tibetan Buddhist monastery in northern India, and told two funny stories.

The first was when a group of monks were out in the street laughing loudly and yelling "Kodak moment!, Kodak moment!" as they waved him over to see a pair of knotted dogs unable to disconnect after mating.

The other was when he and the abbot or a senior monk were walking past the rec room and heard vigorous cheering. The monks were watching Braveheart, and envisioning themselves as the Scots, and the English as the Chinese.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

@Shawn C. said:

We both like British/Irish police procedurals. There are many available on Netflix and Amazon Prime. Right now we are watching Daiziel and Pascoe season 6 and DCI Banks season 2, having just finished Hinterland. Among our favorites are Inspector Morse and its prequel, Endeavor, Foyle's War, the tongue-in-cheek multi-corpse Midsomer Murders, Jack Taylor, George Gently and Shetland. Lots of others as well. They tend to be better scripted, acted and directed than American TV crime dramas except for the original L&O. If you want something fluffy but fun there's always Father Brown. Other good ones, are Luther and (although too long by a third) The Fall starring Scully, AKA Gillian Anderson as a horny Detective Superintendent in Norther Ireland.

Just about all Scots I know ---will not approve Braveheart (Think it's cuz they turn on each other)

But they all seem to approve "Rob RoY"

Scots turning on each other is pretty much accurate. Robert the Bruce colluding with the English and betraying Wallace is a Hollywood scriptwriter's fantasy.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,488 Senior Member

@Bushart said:
    I should note that we also watch dramas like Con Air, Lincoln Lawyer or Armageddon

and I will also watch some Rom Com's ---or straight up coms (Like analyze this etc.)

I always forget about "Analyze this" and the sequel, but they are both really funny. DiNiro can play anything.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,783 Senior Member

@George K said:
    I suggest "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter".

That was a pretty good book.

I only saw the movie. It was fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.