R. Lee Ermey

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 4,258 Senior Member

Looks like he finally got permission. Passed away today.

Pneumonia.

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,685 Senior Member

RIP

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,536 Senior Member

RIP, Gunny.

Ask the big man to “Show me your war face!”

I always loved his acting. Sip poured.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,833 Senior Member

RIP Gunny. Semper Fi

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,580 Senior Member

Many will remember him as a Marine and deservedly so. But it really takes away from his work as an actor.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,580 Senior Member

I recommend watching Saving Silverman.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • EchoTestEchoTest Posts: 480 Senior Member

He was always entertaining to watch. He was the perfect person for certain roles. I am ashamed to admit to watching Steven Segal shows, especially as corny as some of the dialog was, but I always flash to R. Lee Ermey laying out this one:

My guy in D.C. tells me that we are not dealing with a student here, we're dealing with the Professor. Any time the military has an operation that can't fail, they call this guy in to train the troops, OK? He's the kind of guy that would drink a gallon of gasoline so he could **** in your campfire! You could drop this guy off at the Arctic Circle wearing a pair of bikini underwear, without his toothbrush, and tomorrow afternoon he's going to show up at your pool side with a million dollar smile and fist full of pesos. This guy's a professional, you got me? If he reaches this rig, we're all gonna be nothing but a big goddamned hole right in the middle of Alaska. So let's go find him and kill him and get rid of the son of a ****!

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 973 Senior Member

I still think his Geico commercial was his best piece of work. RIP Gunny.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,115 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    Many will remember him as a Marine and deservedly so. But it really takes away from his work as an actor.

Mississippi Burning.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,686 Senior Member

RIP Gunny!

@fishingcomic said:
    I recommend watching Saving Silverman.

Also he played a federal judge in Murder in the First.

all the libs on Twitter are aghast that Marines are actually paying homage to the gunny. Stupid Grunts, don't they know its an anti-war film?

Yeah, they know. Its just that they aren't anti-war, and they definitely aren't anti-tough-boot-camp experience.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,734 Senior Member

A Gunny is someone you only appreciate long after boot camp, but sooner if something he forced into your thick skull is recalled in time to save your "pathetic useless butt".

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file