BOOM!!!

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 5,536 Senior Member

Cruise missiles I'm guessing? Maybe B-2's?

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,536 Senior Member

By the way I have zero problem with this. We needed to send a clear message that the use of chemical weapons will not be tolerated.
    Early reports say these strikes may continue for some time.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,258 Senior Member

I just wonder... This happens the day Comey's book comes out. Wag the dog?

• EchoTestEchoTest Posts: 480 Senior Member

Needed to send a message to the tyrannical leaders of totalitarian regimes by using cruise missiles and B52 strikes to blow up poor conscripted soldiers who were under orders to drop chemical weapons on poor innocent civilians causing them indescribable suffering and death kinda like but not the same as those of victims of concussive injuries, suffering, and death from bombs...I mean...who wouldn't rather be blown to smithereens or have a building blown down on you and then smother to death then be choked to death by gas wait.....what?

Its kinda like saying...we need to do something about Russia attempting to influence our election process by waging a propaganda campaign on social media....which is totally different than United State's government institutions waging propaganda campaigns and a whole lot of other things trying to influence affairs including elections in foreign countries like Russia.....

Its no wonder when reporters try to confront Putin about such things he lets out a snarky laugh and just shakes his head....

What goes around comes around and what comes around goes around...sure...but all sides have swapped people so many times its always gone back and forth between who started it and who didn't and this whole t!t for tat stuff just goes on and on and on for so long nobody even remembers who started it first and who started it last...but people sure do die because of it....

Hey...I'm just jerking your chain a little...my paternal male ancestors and relatives were military....I was...I really and truly would have thrown the lever on the Mk 114 FC computer over and let her rip and been just fine with it.....probably woulda blown it off as nothing and went on as if it never happened....

But I'm older now and I think we need to think about it for a minute...and definitely think about what we're saying...and doing!

We're not all that and a bird in the hand!

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,686 Senior Member

No way its B2s unless we are going after all the S400s and I doubt we are doing that.

Tomahawks

I have zero issue either. The red line has long been crossed, last week was too far. Something had to be done.

A bird in the hand too....TOO....I hate it when I do that!

Jim, It's a red line in the sand. ;)

Those S-400's are scary as hell.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,580 Senior Member

If this is followed by an overall strategy, then I am all for it. But if this is a one off and Asaad stays in power, then we just jerked off with rockets.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,843 Senior Member

2003 all over again, wmd in Iraq and now wmd in Syria. Does anyone believe the propaganda hype of the U.S. govt and msm? I haven't seen any evidence or proof that Syria used gas in this instance. There are reports that rebels staged the gas attack to get the U.S. to bomb. What to believe?

I believe you'll believe any conspiracy theory on the net.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@EdB said:
    2003 all over again, wmd in Iraq and now wmd in Syria. Does anyone believe the propaganda hype of the U.S. govt and msm? I haven't seen any evidence or proof that Syria used gas in this instance. There are reports that rebels staged the gas attack to get the U.S. to bomb. What to believe?

The proof is out there if that's what you're looking for, if you're looking for proof of conspiracies there's people who will put up alleged proof for you to find....it all depends on the string of words you put in the little text box....

Your's probably looks like 'Evil Bastage United States Hegenomy Conspiracy For World Wide Economic Anti-technocracy Domination Gas Civilians Propoganda Conspiracy Syria' or something like that....

Try 'syria chlorine nerve agent proof april 2018' instead....and don't cherry pick the hits....and take of those tinted filters....they skew perceptions...

;) <------I'm just kidding with you EdB....but...the proof is out there....the other thing you've got to do is give people a little time to get in there and investigate....usually when you mention chemical agents...and/or embattled surrounded cities in Syria under siege....I'd give them at least a week.....and its more than likely going to come from people fleeing the area...especially ones seeking medical assistance for being gassed....

Remember when I said 'Wait for it....Wait for it"? Things take time....it will all come out eventually....won't be tomorrow though....its going to be a while....

@fishingcomic said:

I believe you'll believe anything the govt tells you.

@EdB said:

@fishingcomic said:

I believe humans have always looked for and been able to find or perceive that which they need, even if its their own brain that has to make it up! Its the rare human that looks for....AND WAITS LONG ENOUGH TO FIND....the truth!

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,734 Senior Member

@breamfisher said:

Fake news. Nothing to see here. Move on along.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

@fishingcomic said:

Ed is selective. He believes them only if Uncle is the bad guy.

@George K said:

@fishingcomic said:

You believed the conspiracy theory that there was Wmd in Iraq, right? Uncle was the bad guy and you fell for it.

@EdB said:

@George K said:

@fishingcomic said:

You believed the conspiracy theory that there was Wmd in Iraq, right? Uncle was the bad guy and you fell for it.

I don't remember if I believed it at the time or not, Ed, but even a stopped clock is correct two seconds a day.

@EdB said:

@George K said:

@fishingcomic said:

EdB ,

There were WMD in Iraq, but Saddam wasn't an idiot, they were mobile labs, built within semi trailers, so they could be moved, hidden, etc. Another reason for the mobile labs was that sarin and other nerve agents have a very short shelf life, which can be extended by keeping two precursors used in their manufacture seperate until the gas is intended to be used. Binary weapons are one way to go, where the two precursors are stored separately in the same shell and mixed right before or when the shell if in flight. Many people who argue against Iraq having WMDs because of its short shelf life don't realize that's also one of very reasonable reasons supporting the fact that he had mobile labs.

And given as much advance notice as Saddam had that the Americans were coming, many, many weeks, it was so easy for them to just drive the labs and supplies for making the gas right out the back door and into and into Syria. I've seen the satellite photograph evidence.

And what does all this sound like? Where have we seen all this before? YEP! Everybody remembers how much the North Vietnamese exploited the US restrictions on going into Cambodia and Laos to operate beyond anybody's touch....Saddam knew about it too!

The good news is even under the best conditions, the shelf life is still shorter than the amount of time between when Saddam trucked his labs out of Iraq the minute it became evident Junior Bush was going to order us into Iraq and the most recent episode of civilians being exposed to chemical weapons in Syria, because that is known to be fact now. The sad news is the agents may have been mixed up in Saddam's old mobile chemical labs right before they were used!

Wouldn't that be ironic?

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,833 Senior Member

@George K said:

@breamfisher said:

The book is not out yet.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,685 Senior Member

Trump tweeted "Mission accomplished." Seems I remember somebody else do that. Assad is alive and this slap on the wrist won't stop him. Maybe set back chemical weapons use for a little while. Or maybe not. Are we sure we hit enough sites (three) to make a big enough difference?

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,685 Senior Member

@Buford said:

@George K said:

@breamfisher said:

The book is not out yet.

Are you referring to the book's content or Trump using the missiles to distract from the book?

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 124 Senior Member

Not to do anything about such an attack would I guess be worse than this, but does it change anything otherwise? Emission accomplished! Otherwise know as a... jerk_ff.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,258 Senior Member

Buford's right, I was wrong. The book is not out yet.

We just have a heavy press tour.

@EdB said:

@fishingcomic said:

No but I do apply some common sense which is why I would never believe that a group of people that are fighting against brutal tyrant that regularly bombs and shoots unarmed civilians would use chlorine gas on their own children.

@creekyguy said:
    Not to do anything about such an attack would I guess be worse than this, but does it change anything otherwise? Emission accomplished! Otherwise know as a... jerk_ff.

I have to ask, what is in our national interest? Is it something that we need to be involved in? What could we possibly accomplish? Asaad will remain in power and he can kill just as many civilians with Russian bombs as he can with chlorine gas. So we are punishing the tactic and doing nothing about the strategy.

@fishingcomic said:

@EdB said:

@fishingcomic said:

No but I do apply some common sense which is why I would never believe that a group of people that are fighting against brutal tyrant that regularly bombs and shoots unarmed civilians would use chlorine gas on their own children.

No, the common sense is that the Syrian govt was already winning back control of the territory where gas was used, why would it use gas when they were already winning.

@EdB said:
    No, the common sense is that the Syrian govt was already winning back control of the territory where gas was used, why would it use gas when they were already winning.

Oh I don't know why anybody would kill anybody when they were winning? Hmmmm....oh....I know...how about hatred? Fear? Anger? Disgust? Some twisted self righteous sense of indignation? How about a combination of things? Why does it seem like you're cherry picking between when people act rationally or when they're emotionally driven? Why is it that it seems its only the United States government, and non-Technocrats who have the capacity to act irrationally, to be....what is it I'm looking for....to be human...that's it....human? Do you see Assad as being a rational man? Do you see Putin? How about Supreme Leader Khamenei? Do you think its possible they can have the same twisted up minds and hearts you ascribe to those who's actions you seem to oppose? That they could act purely in their own personal self interests for power, fame, glory, ego satiation? Do you even consider the possibility they could be wicked, vile, corrupt, evil, depraved, villainous? There are people who believe **** was driven completely because of a few seminal events and situations from his child and early adult hood. An abusive Jewish father, the near suicidal and unrequited teen love of a woman with a Jewish sounding last name, his passionate ambitions to attend the Academy of fine Arts in Vienna and become an artist squashed when he was told his drawings showed a lack of talent for artistic drawing, specifically a lack of appreciation of the human form, he was in fact rejected twice....

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 124 Senior Member

I my inside source in Moscow tells me that Putin is very worried about losing his Man In DC and did this so DJT could look decisive and competent and all bombing bad guys. So its just more Putin manipulation of the USA system!

@creekyguy said:
    I my inside source in Moscow tells me that Putin is very worried about losing his Man In DC and did this so DJT could look decisive and competent and all bombing bad guys. So its just more Putin manipulation of the USA system!

Ha ha!

/tightens chin strap on tin foil hat/

• saltydancindavesaltydancindave Senior Member Posts: 2,331 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:
    Cruise missiles I'm guessing? Maybe B-2's?

It's like watching TV reporters on the ground in Syria asking those who had worked in the destroyed buildings after the missile attacks if they had been processing chemicals & the replies to Assad gassing Syrians were of disbelief as that wouldn't occur in the country; just as this cross conditioned way beyond therapy Christian Nation in mention of thieving US Constitution arsonists & the burning Bush's 9/11 patriot act for that second coming elicits an Islam Christiananality suicidal pedophile mentality defense .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file