Home The Lodge

No Mention of The Kids??

2»

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,749 Senior Member

LOL!!! Good luck with that.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

Read that earlier today and rolled my eyes. This is the kind of thinking that does more harm than good when advocating for common-sense gun control. Hell, its hard enough to bring up sensible measures without the frothers* getting all frothy.

*You know who you are. ;)

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member

Funny thing is the Spin

Repeal the 2nd does not mean No Guns---it just means your like the rest of the world

But I'm sure those Frothers will try and connect those dots---Proving once again that Fear is a good weapon upon the masses

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 4,214 Senior Member

To Stevens' credit, this is what needs to be done to control guns (assuming you think they should be controlled). But It ain't relatively simple, despite what Stevens says.

2/3s majority of each house and ratification by 3/4s of the states. Good luck with that. Think ERA.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,943 Senior Member

@Steven said:
    To Stevens' credit, this is what needs to be done to control guns (assuming you think they should be controlled). But It ain't relatively simple, despite what Stevens says.

2/3s majority of each house and ratification by 3/4s of the states. Good luck with that. Think ERA.

Not a chance in Hades.

• WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,234 Senior Member

Nothing is "simple."

Repeal of the 2nd is kinda stupid. Not necessary, not worth the division at this point, it could be fatal.

Has anyone here even read Heller vs DC besides me? Scalia says it "straight out" haha as well as a lawyer/judge can talk straight...that AR-15 are NOT protected by the 2nd. That's just a note of interest, I am not implying anything. Though lately I am almost for banning them, like kids, I've had enough as well. Man I love those kids. they are simply amazing. We all need to hope that "adulthood" will not ruin their passion and their hope as it has done to so many of us.

I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,775 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    I agree that bullying is a problem, Just not the cause behind these shootings.

It was the main cause behind the Columbine and the Aurora shootings. Columbine shooters were bullied big time and the theater shooter told his shrink that's what he was getting even for.
    Can you be sure about the others?

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,524 Senior Member
    edited March 2018 #39
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,234 Senior Member

Just so you know. 65% of male kids are bullied. Something wrong with us and how we raise our kids.?

I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • Ella29Ella29 Posts: 1 Junior Member

For children, take the device and they will be quieter than the water below the grass.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement