How 'Bout Them Kushner Companies!

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 8,812 Senior Member

"NEW YORK (AP) — When the Kushner Cos. bought three apartment buildings in a gentrifying neighborhood of Queens in 2015, most of the tenants were protected by special rules that prevent developers from pushing them out, raising rents and turning a tidy profit.

But that’s exactly what the company then run by Jared Kushner did, and with remarkable speed. Two years later, it sold all three buildings for $60 million, nearly 50 percent more than it paid.

Now a clue has emerged as to how President Donald Trump’s son-in-law’s firm was able to move so fast: The Kushner Cos. routinely filed false paperwork with the city declaring it had zero rent-regulated tenants in dozens of buildings it owned across the city when, in fact, it had hundreds.

While none of the documents during a three-year period when Kushner was CEO bore his personal signature, they provide a window into the ethics of the business empire he ran before he went on to become one of the most trusted advisers to the president of the United States...."

https://apnews.com/002703e70347481cb993027d04f543cc/AP-Exclusive:-Kushner-Cos.-filed-false-documents-with-NYC

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,856 Senior Member

Now a clue has emerged as to how President Donald Trump’s son-in-law’s firm was able to move so fast:
    While none of the documents during a three-year period when Kushner was CEO bore his personal signature

This is all it ever is.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,785 Senior Member

Wayne, it doesn’t matter who signed, it was his company. He was CEO, the buck stops with him, he is ultimately responsible for what his company does.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,282 Senior Member
    edited March 19 #4

Maybe his company was extremely careless like Hilary?

The Kushner Cos. routinely filed false paperwork with the city declaring it had zero rent-regulated tenants in dozens of buildings it owned across the city when, in fact, it had hundreds.

So the city doesn't check this stuff?

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,708 Senior Member

If this were the Clinton Foundation, can you imagine the gnashing of teeth?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,785 Senior Member

I believe the landlord must file the proper documents with the state what kind of property they own/manage. It isn’t the states responsibility to check every property to find out the if the language in a lease has been followed. So it isn’t a case of just being careless.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,282 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

Of course. Par for the course. Right gnashes teeth at the left and left gnashes teeth at the right. The silly little game of politics continues on as usual.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,816 Senior Member

G> @NZ Indicator said:

@fishingcomic said:

Of course. Par for the course. Right gnashes teeth at the left and left gnashes teeth at the right. The silly little game of politics continues on as usual.

GO MY TEAM!

But it wasn't the Clinton foundation now was it?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Actually the use of the word dishonest in regards to real estate developers is kind of redundant.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file