So, this is how world wars begin.

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 2,919 Senior Member
edited March 14 in The Lodge #1

Theresa May earlier issued Russian President Vladimir Putin 24 hours to respond to claims that Russia was “highly likely” behind the attempted murder of Mr Skripal and his daughter Yulia.

The ultimatum has sparked World War 3 fears as Whitehall sources revealed the Prime Minister could launch a cyber attack on Russia in the wake of recent events.

It is thought Britain might target Kremlin propaganda machines, with Whitehall sources suggesting the UK will up the ante on its offensive cyber programme.

But the Russian embassy in the UK has hit back at the ultimatum and warned Mrs May against “punitive measures”.

In a further blunt warning to the Prime Minister, Russia’s foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova added nobody should threaten a nuclear power, according to the nation’s the state-run RIA news agency.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/931249/vladimir-putin-ultimatum-russia-spy-attack-nuclear-power-world-war-3-theresa-may

Zero proof so far, yet she's willing to start a world War?

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,369 Senior Member

She's not the DA. Her intelligence agencies don't require proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,369 Senior Member

You guys have seen zero dark thirty, right? Nobody knew for sure that OBL was in that compound.

CIA officer #1: 80%
    CIA officer #2: 80%
    Jessica Chastain: 100%. I know you guys hate certainty but its a 100%

(but of course it wasn't).

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,919 Senior Member

It just seems very knee jerk to me considering how soft they have been on the recent terror attacks against their own civilian people.
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/terror-uk-timeline-recent-attacks/story?id=47579860

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,887 Senior Member

This was a state sponsored attack by Russia's intelligence agency.

Btw the claim is that either Russia initiated the attack or had lost control of their weapons.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,887 Senior Member

BTW you gotta respect a news service whose leading story is Kate Upton losing her top.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member

Wait... You voted for Trump and your against a world war? Talk about inconsistent! ;) :)

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,919 Senior Member
    edited March 14 #8

I voted for the only man running. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file