Here is something that has been bothering me.

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 21,887 Senior Member

Who get's to decide when this revolution against tyranny that these gun guys keep talking about is going to happen? What happens if I don't agree with them? Do I now have to buy a gun? Doesn't this sound like a Mad Max script?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Replies

• swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,550 Senior Member

The revolution will not be televised, the revolution will not be televised.

All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,878 Senior Member

Facebook will post when it begins.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,369 Senior Member

I thought the purpose of the Amendment was to prevent invasion by a foreign invader.

But I'm pretty sure they won't even be able to get across the I-5 Freeway.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member
    edited March 6 #5

@sherb said:
    I thought the purpose of the Amendment was to prevent invasion by a foreign invader.

But I'm pretty sure they won't even be able to get across the I-5 Freeway.

Whaa-aat?

No, the Amendment was written by men who had seen first hand the tyranny of a government, and was written to add teeth to the whole, "consent of the governed" or "when in the course of human events" thing. .

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,369 Senior Member

It was more of a joke than anything. Have you ever seen the 5 Freeway? Ghengis Khan himself could not cross it.

The real story behind the 2A is the colonists' deep-seated aversion to a standing army. A country could have liberty, or it could have an army. it could not have both. That was the prevailing view at the time.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member

I'm still keeping my Mossberg 500 to fight Hillary's drones.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,887 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    It was more of a joke than anything. Have you ever seen the 5 Freeway? Ghengis Khan himself could not cross it.

The real story behind the 2A is the colonists' deep-seated aversion to a standing army. A country could have liberty, or it could have an army. it could not have both. That was the prevailing view at the time.

Funny every time I say this someone calls me a libtard.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file