at the Gucci fashion show

creekguycreekguy Senior MemberPosts: 3,905 Senior Member
At the Gucci Milan Fashion show

5a8dcfcc2000007d06eaf91b.jpeg?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

5a8dd0ea1e000046057ac6c9.jpeg?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

designer Alessandro Michele sent models down the runway carrying replicas of their own heads. The runway was outfitted like an operating room, presumably one run by a mad scientist.
No ARs though.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/models-heads-gucci-milan-fashion-week_us_5a8dc88be4b00a30a2520242

Replies

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,899 Senior Member
    Sometimes I just do not understand fashion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,180 Senior Member

I noticed that the last time I saw you.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

;););););););););););)
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,561 Senior Member

That lumpy blue sweater you always wear? It's not just blue, it's not turquoise. It's not lapis. It's actually cerulean. And you're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent... wasn't it who showed cerulean military jackets? I think we need a jacket here.

And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers. And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you...
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    That lumpy blue sweater you always wear? It's not just blue, it's not turquoise. It's not lapis. It's actually cerulean. And you're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent... wasn't it who showed cerulean military jackets? I think we need a jacket here.

And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers. And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you...

That explanation is more frightening than the extra heads.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,110 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »

I know this line, its from a Movie. The Devil wears Prada, I think.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,561 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    I know this line, its from a Movie. The Devil wears Prada, I think.

Yes indeed.

It was on the other day. I watched it for the 1,012 time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.