Winter Olympics

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 4,747 Senior Member
Who's watching?

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,114 Senior Member
    a little
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,932 Senior Member
    I know we're in 2nd place---even after losing hockey and curling
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,259 Senior Member
    Who's watching?

The kids watched opening ceremonies and quickly lost interest. I've watched very little.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,259 Senior Member
    Bushart wrote: »
    I know we're in 2nd place---even after losing hockey and curling

Ha. Which was more damaging to Canadian national pride?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,747 Senior Member
    Watched some of the speed skating and skiing. Plus snowboarding. For a Floridian it's kinda foreign.

The sprint skating relays are.... odd

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    I've been focused mostly on the skiing. It seems like every time I turn it on, there is figure skating.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    jbilly wrote: »
    Ha. Which was more damaging to Canadian national pride?

Hey if we lost the beer drinking contest it would be all over---hockey stings a bit---got a bronze
    I've been focused mostly on the skiing. It seems like every time I turn it on, there is figure skating.

Which we affectionately call "Crotch Watchin" :)
    Bushart wrote: »
    Which we affectionately call "Crotch Watchin" :)

Great!!!---Now The #MeToo Angry Villagers are gonna be after me
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,971 Senior Member
    My wife likes the figure skating, during which I catch up on my reading. I'll watch a bit of the skiing and snowboarding, and I like the ski jumping and some of the skeleton and sled events. Watching curling reminds me of going down to the laundromat to watch clothes dry. It's slow-motion bocce on ice. Even shuffleboard is more interesting.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    George K wrote: »
    It's slow-motion bocce on ice.

Definitely POTD.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,962 Senior Member
    I haven’t watched at all. I really like the sled events and love the skiing (x-country too) but NBC seems to only show fluffy backstory **** and figure skating.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,962 Senior Member
    And Gary Bettman single-handedly ruined the single greatest sports’s tournament in the world.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,046 Senior Member
    Watched a fair amount--like it all but especially skiing and snowboarding events--but NBC's coverage sucked.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,962 Senior Member
    watched the women's hockey gold medal game live......up until 3am

that was the only thing that truly held my interest; i had a former student playing (her 3rd olympics), which was cool
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,024 Senior Member
    Watched some. Missed the beginning of the opening and closing ceremonies. Missed the women's hockey and some other events we did well in. Stuck mostly to downhill events and some skating, and biathlon.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,521 Senior Member
    I barely watched any. I watched the Nordic Biathlon at Sport Clips and some bob sledding at home.

The bob sledding course was indoors. That's not right.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.