Replies

  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,380 Senior Member
    Yeah. Trump isn't a good gun salesman like Obama was.

    http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/06/news/obama-gun-control-sales/index.html
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,930 Senior Member
    Taking guns off the streets. Thanks Trump! :)
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,710 Senior Member
    It's been coming. Remington lost their way. The most popular model they've ever made, the Model 700, was initially a economical rifle. Now the BDL and CDL variants cost $800 plus, and you can get outstanding accuracy and value for nearly half that. The quality didn't reflect the price tag, even though they're still solid rifles. But with the ADL, rough barrel coatings (instead of blueing), a cheap plastic hollow stock, with a trigger that was junk from the factory, and it's still over $500?

    They wanted to build cheap but charge the price of European imports. Destined to fail. Initially their market was the blue collar hunter, but they left him behind.

    Remington 700s are still great platforms, and their biggest draw is the availability of aftermarket parts. They're basically the Chevy LS engine of the gun world, with regards to ease of customization. But when you're looking at $600 for bone stock before you add hundreds more in upgrades, people are gonna look elsewhere.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    It's been coming. Remington lost their way. The most popular model they've ever made, the Model 700, was initially a economical rifle. Now the BDL and CDL variants cost $800 plus, and you can get outstanding accuracy and value for nearly half that. The quality didn't reflect the price tag, even though they're still solid rifles. But with the ADL, rough barrel coatings (instead of blueing), a cheap plastic hollow stock, with a trigger that was junk from the factory, and it's still over $500?

    They wanted to build cheap but charge the price of European imports. Destined to fail. Initially their market was the blue collar hunter, but they left him behind.

    Remington 700s are still great platforms, and their biggest draw is the availability of aftermarket parts. They're basically the Chevy LS engine of the gun world, with regards to ease of customization. But when you're looking at $600 for bone stock before you add hundreds more in upgrades, people are gonna look elsewhere.

    My 30 yr old Remington 7600 06 pump has served me well----nice stock---lighter than the old monsters---got a wall full of antlers attributed to it
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,710 Senior Member
    Bushart wrote: »
    My 30 yr old Remington 7600 06 pump has served me well----nice stock---lighter than the old monsters---got a wall full of antlers attributed to it

    Oh, no flies on Remington's product at all. I love my 700 ADL.

    But, a pump rifle? Man... That's just... sacrilegious or something. :)
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Oh, no flies on Remington's product at all. I love my 700 ADL.

    But, a pump rifle? Man... That's just... sacrilegious or something. :)

    Dude!!.....May I call you Dude? :)

    We cut our teeth on running deer here---we used to chase with dogs many years ago

    It was brought to my attention many decades ago---that a lever or bolt usually requires you taking the gun off your shoulder----and without the great debate---many of us believe semi-s tend to jam

    If I need that 2nd shot---I can pump one in and out of the chamber while it's on my shoulder and my eye on target

    But to each his own---lots of bones on my wall to say she works tho
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    It's been coming. Remington lost their way. The most popular model they've ever made, the Model 700, was initially a economical rifle. Now the BDL and CDL variants cost $800 plus, and you can get outstanding accuracy and value for nearly half that. The quality didn't reflect the price tag, even though they're still solid rifles. But with the ADL, rough barrel coatings (instead of blueing), a cheap plastic hollow stock, with a trigger that was junk from the factory, and it's still over $500?

    They wanted to build cheap but charge the price of European imports. Destined to fail. Initially their market was the blue collar hunter, but they left him behind.

    Remington 700s are still great platforms, and their biggest draw is the availability of aftermarket parts. They're basically the Chevy LS engine of the gun world, with regards to ease of customization. But when you're looking at $600 for bone stock before you add hundreds more in upgrades, people are gonna look elsewhere.

    I have a Remington 700 BDL in .243. Like it. However, I understand some say the safety is flawed.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,047 Senior Member
    I'm a Remington shotgun fan, so this breaks my heart. I guess it's time for a new Versa Max to add to the collection before things get worse for them.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,930 Senior Member
    CO Native wrote: »
    I'm a Remington shotgun fan, so this breaks my heart. I guess it's time for a new Versa Max to add to the collection before things get worse for them.

    I reach past my Belgium A5 for my 1100 skeet every time. I love that gun.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    I wonder if they missed the zombie apocalypse scare. It seemed that so many modern firearms were incapable of stopping the undead suckers in their tracks, as was obviously needed.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,912 Senior Member
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,930 Senior Member

    Today's video is titled funny bigotry.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,912 Senior Member
    Where is the bigotry?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file