Steelers

BufordBuford Senior MemberPosts: 2,989 Senior Member
YDv0dgJ.gif

Here We Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    So, who is the NFL MVP this year?

Is it Le’Veon Bell or AB?
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,028 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    So, who is the NFL MVP this year?

Is it Le’Veon Bell or AB?

HAHAHAHHA

it was Wentz......now it will be Brady

Bell isn't even the MVPon his own team

and this is the weakest 11-2 team I've ever seen.......first round loss to Jax in the playoffs? So inconsistent, next week will be a good wakeup call, but....
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,989 Senior Member
    One game at a time. No matter the outcome it has been a great ride. The loss of Ryan Schazier is very bad for the team. Hopefully he will recover and be able to have a normal life with his family.
    tim_s wrote: »
    HAHAHAHHA

it was Wentz......now it will be Brady

Bell isn't even the MVPon his own team

and this is the weakest 11-2 team I've ever seen.......first round loss to Jax in the playoffs? So inconsistent, next week will be a good wakeup call, but....

Good God, man. I've never seen so much drag on a fly!
    Looks like Joe Haden is still going to be out. And without Shazier I believe we are screwed.
    Prediction:
    Patriots 750 Steelers 30. I’ve seen this movie too many times before and I know how it ends. Plus I’m the world’s most pessimistic person.

Our only hope Wayne is that they lose in the divisional round and we don’t have to play them in the AFCCG. If I’m Belichick, I really don’t want to see the Chargers or Ravens in the playoffs.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,989 Senior Member
    Not bad, not bad at all.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,919 Senior Member
    What an ending!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

lot's of excitement, and a overmatched patriot front 7 (at least need van noy back and flowers to get healthy), but the ending we're all used to

if you really want a non-QB MVP......Gronk looked pretty good today
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,407 Senior Member
    Probably best game of the year.
    Looking forward to pitchers and catchers reporting even though the Oirates will not be competitive. At least that league isn’t rigged.
    Looking forward to pitchers and catchers reporting even though the Oirates will not be competitive. At least that league isn’t rigged.

oh the salty steeler fans today were almost better than the win ;)
    Tim,
    The pain is real.
    Tim,
    The pain is real.

haha i know

admit it, though......you're more upset that during the review, your HC, OC & QB stood around staring at the screen instead of preparing for the possible overturn during what is essentially a free time out.......this led to a short gainer tackled in bounds and the resultant fake spike that not everyone knew about that sent a WR into quadruple coverage and your HOF QB ate an INT in the endzone instead of throwing it away and going to OT

probably that and sticking single coverage on gronk that final drive hurts more
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,913 Senior Member
    I would point out that in the final game of the 2007 season the Giants lost to the Patriots.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    comic is like the shooter on the left

Look I have so very little to hang onto this year.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Look I have so very little to hang onto this year.

hahaha yup

but that analogy was perfect, you gotta admit
    thumb up.
    Yeah that was bad, Tim. No doubt.
    But no, I’m more pissed about the officiating in general. NFL officiating is ruining football. I have watched only one non-Steelers game this year. Between the preening refs and endless TV ads it just isn’t entertaining anymore. I read a piece on Deadspinnlast month where the author advocated taking away thecref’s mics. I thought that was a great idea. And if you have to go all Zapruder Film on a replay at least once per game something has gone terribly wrong.
    The previous week’s BAL PIT game was filled with so many bad and ticky-tack calls against both sides that it made the game hard to enjoy. I’m not tuning in to watch the zebras have an outsized influence on the outcome and the league has to realize this, right?
    Yeah that was bad, Tim. No doubt.
    But no, I’m more pissed about the officiating in general. NFL officiating is ruining football. I have watched only one non-Steelers game this year. Between the preening refs and endless TV ads it just isn’t entertaining anymore. I read a piece on Deadspinnlast month where the author advocated taking away thecref’s mics. I thought that was a great idea. And if you have to go all Zapruder Film on a replay at least once per game something has gone terribly wrong.
    The previous week’s BAL PIT game was filled with so many bad and ticky-tack calls against both sides that it made the game hard to enjoy. I’m not tuning in to watch the zebras have an outsized influence on the outcome and the league has to realize this, right?

while i agree with the inconsistent refereeing, this came was a pleasant surprise......corrente's crew scared me, they tend to be flag happy, but this was a decent game......the picked up flag on the obvious ineligible man downfield on the rogers TD not withstanding.......that was a pretty basic and obvious application of the catch rule, that it happened at that point in the game made it a little spicy, obviously, but it was a simple call......i was even OK with the non-OPI call on the bryant TD, even though i've seen gronk get flagged for far less this year.....i like letting them play, and corrente's crew, as i said, was better than expected

the catch rule isn't going anywhere......it has been before the comp committee a lot, and the officials want a black & white rule as to catches......to them, and to most coaches, the rule is necessary and simple to understand.......just about everyone (aside from loud-mouthed ESPN talking heads) that knows the rules saw that play and said 'no catch'......the first two replays i watched his knee to see when it hit and if he was touched.....the 3rd time i was like "hey, that's not a catch!" and the only question was would they make the overturn......it was so obvious they had to

but on the whole, they need to make the officials full time and actually pay them a legit salary........cannot have part time officials working these games, too much inconsistency and guess work......
    How is this offensive pass interference? I mean, I hope Gilmore used a condom.

nintchdbpict000373690068.jpg?strip=all&w=960

And Corrente's crew is f'ed up. I read before the game that when his crew is working the home team only wins 45% of the games, which is a huge reversal of league-wide statistics.
    How is this offensive pass interference? I mean, I hope Gilmore used a condom.

nintchdbpict000373690068.jpg?strip=all&w=960

And Corrente's crew is f'ed up. I read before the game that when his crew is working the home team only wins 45% of the games, which is a huge reversal of league-wide statistics.

ha if you look before that still bryant initiated the contact, holding him off with the arm.....gilmore just grabbed to try and stay close......his arm was extended and he held gilmore off, it has been called more often than not this year in patriot games, primarily because gronk is so big......but that was all bryant if you watch the video......in the context of how i like to see the game called, it's a good no call......but in the context of the officiating i've seen this year, i would not have been surprised with a call

all in all i thought this crew called a pretty good game.....for the most part they let them play......i want to see their explanation for picking up the illegal downfield on the first play, Pitt RG I believe was 4 yards downfield run blocking, and that actually caused the LB's to bite on the playaction and led to the open receiver......it was an easy call, yet they picked up the flag.....not sure we'll see the explanation released, but i am guessing that came up in their review

we've had starratore's crew twice i think this year......i'll gladly take what i saw sunday over that hot mess.......but the league really needs to go full time officials, pay them like full time, and get them on the same page
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,165 Senior Member
    Doesn't look like a grab to me. His arm is bent upwards, but his hand is not grasping. Look at his fingers. They are no curled in a grasping fashion. They are loosely splayed out.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Why in God's name would Bryant catch that with one arm if he could catch it with both?
    Why in God's name would Bryant catch that with one arm if he could catch it with both?

he created separation by pushing off.....gilmore may have prevented him from using the 2nd arm, as i said i was ok with the no call......but bryant initiated pushing gilmore off

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.