Its Been Awhile

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 5,181 Senior Member
Hi Everyone,
Hope you are all doing well. Its been a long time since Ive dropped in. But yesterday made me think of you guys, however mo Thanksgiving drama to report this year.

Things here are doing alright thanks for asking Fish.

Only got out fishing once this summer while in CA and that was on the ocean, was pretty fun.

Jim

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,944 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    Hope you are all doing well. Its been a long time since Ive dropped in. But yesterday made me think of you guys, however mo Thanksgiving drama to report this year.

Things here are doing alright thanks for asking Fish.

Only got out fishing once this summer while in CA and that was on the ocean, was pretty fun.

Jim

Drop by more often.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,181 Senior Member
    Yeap will do. There was one funny thing for Thanksgiving. My BIL, you know, my most favorite person ever, is a huge Star Wars nerd. Well I am getting to go to an early showing on the new one coming out in December thanks to my job. We get to see it Thursday instead of Friday. So I got to mention this to him and that I was taking my boy with me. He was so sad I wasn't taking him, he even asked my son if he really wanted to go see it. I had to try hard not to laugh.
    I see there are a crap ton of posts I can catch up on.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,735 Senior Member
    Hi, Jim! Great to hear you are ok.
    I thought maybe you got caught up in the Mueller indictments and were on the lam.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Hi, Jim! Great to hear you are ok.
    I thought maybe you got caught up in the Mueller indictments and were on the lam.

I was, spent sometime in witness relocation. Between that and being water boarded by Ed for committing war crimes I've been pretty busy. I also haven't dropped by because not logging in for months led me to forget my password and I finally got back in.

Hope you get that gas stove in soon. Love ours. About two years ago when we redid the back deck I had gas run out for our BBQ. No more haling propane tanks around....love it. Part of our basement is unfinished so it was easy to tap into the furnace line. It was pretty cheap to.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,735 Senior Member
    Bought a GE today. It was between that, a Samsung and a KitchenAid. The other, matching KitchenAid appliances are very expensive and the Samsung range was nice but I've never known anybody with one. They make good TV's, but what about applicances? My father is a builder back in the 'Burgh and they install a ton of GE Profile and have never had a buyer complain or have any problems. So I went the safe route. We are going to donate the electric range/oven (it is still in great shape) to Habitat for Humanity.

We too have a gas line that runs from our furnace/HW heater to the back of the house and out back. About a 4' run of piping and then up through the kitchen floor. Hopefully not too expensive.

You know those old free-standing gas grills from back in the 70's? The ones where they are hard-plumbed to a gas line? Yeah, we have one of them in the backyard that I don't want to take out because I will explode. But it is good to have that gas line and we do want to hook up our gas grill to it on of these decades.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.