FishTX

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 4,370 Senior Member
Anybody know where in Texas he lives? I know it's a huge state....

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Replies

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,845 Senior Member
    Yeah hope he's ok and under cover
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,780 Senior Member
    I'm OK. Thanks for asking, but I do have a cousin in Austin. She probably is with family in Paris, TX.

I'm 65 miles east of Dallas. Getting light scattered showers. I know it is due to Harvey because radar shows it is coming from the east. Almost never happens without some sort of tropical storm.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,370 Senior Member
    Great to hear! Hope your cousin is doing well.
    Pictures out of Houston had me concerned, not knowing where you was

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    It is terrible. As of a few hours ago, one spot in the Houston area had 14.6 inches of rain. Some places down there are expected to get up to 50 inches by the time the system leaves the area. That is about six inches more than the average, yearly rainfall where I live.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,845 Senior Member
    I can't fathom that much rain all at once

Glad your ok
    thank you

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,265 Senior Member
    Every time I see a flood I think, why did they leave all that stuff on the first floor? I would find a way to move most of that stuff upstairs. It is good to see that the death toll has been low so far.

My sister lives in Austin, but she is on high ground. I didn't realize you were that close Tx.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Glad to hear all's good, Mike..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    My sister lives in Austin, but she is on high ground. I didn't realize you were that close Tx.

I'm not that close. About 212 miles in straight line from my place to downtown Houston.

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    I wonder if my old student apartment on Bissonnet avenue in Houston is floating around. Even back in the 70's, there were several times when people were out canoeing in the street in front of the unit. I can't imagine what its like now, with several times the rain of those events. My heart goes out to them. But there are some serious questions about developers building a city in a swamp.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,154 Senior Member
    I'm happy to hear that you"re OK. We're on a trip to Scotland and I have been avoiding TV, the internet and newspapers - just saw last night about the awful floods.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.