Where are all you folks that were whining about Ferguson today?

2»

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,265 Senior Member
    The words "dumb ****" come to mind.

So what do you call people that loot stores, damage cars and set businesses on fire?

Rioters.

What do you call them?
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/29/us/california-huntington-beach-rampage/index.html
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    The words "dumb ****" come to mind.

So what do you call people that loot stores, damage cars and set businesses on fire?

Not terrorist?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Again the only relationship between those people and BLM is their skin color. Yet you posted many comments on their actions and here you are silent. I find that curious.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,626 Senior Member
    Again the only relationship between those people and BLM is their skin color. Yet you posted many comments on their actions and here you are silent. I find that curious.

Maybe you should find something better to do than be curious about such trivial things.

Realistically...you are just trolling. That's the bottom line here.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,153 Senior Member
    Maybe you should find something better to do than be curious about such trivial things.
    If only the protesters and the media would also focus on other real issues rather than tilting at windmills.This is just a weekend as usual last weekend. Next weekend will be more of the same and so on....

Fleming, a church usher who was entering the church with his three young children, yelled at his kids to take cover when the shooting began, according to the Chicago Tribune.The three children made it safely into the church, but Fleming and Swift were shot and killed by two men who had bandannas covering their faces.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/15/two-worshipers-shot-to-death-outside-chicago-church.html

9 Killed, at Least 33 Wounded in Weekend Shootings in Chicago
    http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-weekend-violence-august-11-13-440103553.html

Oh look, a bronze statue. Tear it down!
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,969 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »

We're not talking about a statue. We're talking about ****, some of them armed to the teeth, all of them feeling empowered and just in their cause due to our insane President, marching in the streets of an American city. This is a fight worth fighting!
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    We're not talking about a statue. We're talking about ****, some of them armed to the teeth, all of them feeling empowered and just in their cause due to our insane President, marching in the streets of an American city. This is a fight worth fighting!
    Well,, good luck. I'll let you guys die fighting with these idiots from the fringe. It's almost musky season and I don't want to miss it. :)

Realistically...you are just trolling. That's the bottom line here.

There is nothing trivial about apologists for racists.
    If only the protesters and the media would also focus on other real issues rather than tilting at windmills.This is just a weekend as usual last weekend. Next weekend will be more of the same and so on....

Fleming, a church usher who was entering the church with his three young children, yelled at his kids to take cover when the shooting began, according to the Chicago Tribune.The three children made it safely into the church, but Fleming and Swift were shot and killed by two men who had bandannas covering their faces.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/15/two-worshipers-shot-to-death-outside-chicago-church.html

9 Killed, at Least 33 Wounded in Weekend Shootings in Chicago
    http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-weekend-violence-august-11-13-440103553.html

I fail to see the relevance, unless you are trying to make excuses for ****.
    I fail to see the relevance, unless you are trying to make excuses for ****.

F--- the relevance. How about wide spread reporting of this. Don't these people deserve to be heard? Don't the victims of these crimes deserve some media attention. Where's the left protesting the folks massacring black people at a rate higher than most war zones? Where's the media? Where's Obama? Isn't this his home state? Where's the outrage? Crickets.
    Instead the focus is on tearing down statues of men long dead. It's mind boggling to me that this is where the focus is being centered while kids are being slaughtered as we type, in cities across the us. It's hippocritical at best.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 754 Senior Member
    F--- the relevance. How about wide spread reporting of this. Don't these people deserve to be heard? Don't the victims of these crimes deserve some media attention. Where's the left protesting the folks massacring black people at a rate higher than most war zones? Where's the media? Where's Obama? Isn't this his home state? Where's the outrage? Crickets.
    Instead the focus is on tearing down statues of men long dead. It's mind boggling to me that this is where the focus is being centered while kids are being slaughtered as we type, in cities across the us. It's hippocritical at best.

False equivalency. The extraordinary and tragic situation in Chicago is due to criminal gang activity--drug turf wars. Yes, it is terrible and deserves media coverage (which it gets). But, that is a far cry from the President of the United States characterizing neo-**** and white supremacists as good people.

It seems like you are obsessed with what you think is media bias. Your obsession is misplaced. The negative coverage he is getting is due to his own actions and statements--he said what he said during the press conference at Trump Tower, no more no less.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,730 Senior Member

I agree the crime rate in Chicago is a serious problem, but its been widely reported. Its also not true that Blacks don't care about black-on-black crime. They do, a lot. That's a myth.
    I am just sick of the hypocrisy. When Muslim terrorists ran over people in the street not a single one of you mentioned gang violence in Chicago.
    sherb wrote: »
    I agree the crime rate in Chicago is a serious problem, but its been widely reported. Its also not true that Blacks don't care about black-on-black crime. They do, a lot. That's a myth.
    I never meant to imply that they don't care. In fact I meant the opposite. Who would want to live in a place like that and deal with death and the threat of dying everyday? And no, I'm sorry but the news I see rarely discusses the deadly inner cities problems across the country. I have to go to google to get those articles.
    I am just sick of the hypocrisy. When Muslim terrorists ran over people in the street not a single one of you mentioned gang violence in Chicago.

Why would they? It's two totally different topics.
    False equivalency. The extraordinary and tragic situation in Chicago is due to criminal gang activity--drug turf wars. Yes, it is terrible and deserves media coverage (which it gets). But, that is a far cry from the President of the United States characterizing neo-**** and white supremacists as good people.

It seems like you are obsessed with what you think is media bias. Your obsession is misplaced. The negative coverage he is getting is due to his own actions and statements--he said what he said during the press conference at Trump Tower, no more no less.
    I appreciate the civil response and while I think you're going overboard by saying he was "characterizing neo-**** and white supremacists as good people" I'll agree his comments weren't presidential at all. I do agree with him that there were two violent groups at that gathering.
    I'll disagree that the media isn't biased as well... It's pretty well established that the left owns the media with few exceptions (fox).
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    MikeA

the two violent groups

I guess Gandhi and his crowd didn't show up...bu they did and got beat up A number of churchie black people on day one at the "monument" sang some lame christian song and the neos started beating them up. They were saved by the antis. Should you sand by and do nothing when good honest non violent people were getting beat to hell. Do you fault them for not standing by, do you blame them. The right came looking for a fight they handed out flyers stating just that. How many time do take getting called N or jew boy while being poked or hit with poles and not do anything? It all snowballed from there.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 754 Senior Member
    I'll disagree that the media isn't biased as well... It's pretty well established that the left owns the media with few exceptions (fox).

That is a pretty big exception as FOX has by far the highest ratings of any cable news media outlet.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cable-news-ratings-fox-news-msnbc-1202017940/
    Why would they? It's two totally different topics.

And that is the same thing with this topic. Funny that you cannot see that.
    I appreciate the civil response and while I think you're going overboard by saying he was "characterizing neo-**** and white supremacists as good people" I'll agree his comments weren't presidential at all. I do agree with him that there were two violent groups at that gathering.

That is because Fox, whose bias is well documented, keeps telling you that.
    That is because Fox, whose bias is well documented, keeps telling you that.
    Except I don't have cable and haven't for years, so fox isn't telling me anything...
    Well whatever alt-right rag you are reading on the Internet then.
    Well whatever alt-right rag you are reading on the Internet then.

There's that broad brush... See you're not so different either.
    No it is a pointed brush directed at you.
    I just love all these patriotic American **** apologists.
    LOL

75986176.jpg
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,969 Senior Member

Just a thought. And A snark-free thought at that.
    I think a lot of this "All we're hearing is how the left wants to take down every statue blah, blah, blah..." is generated by the right-wing media outlets, of which there are many more than just Fox. Sure, there are people on the left and middle that are saying that the statues should probably come down. Many of those people are saying that in measured tones and with a lot of thought and reasoning. Others not so much. But when the conservative revenue-generating media wants to tell the story, which narrative are they going to focus on? The one with a nuanced discussion of the merits? Of course not! Look, I actually listen to a couple of hours of crazy rightwing radio per week. They are going absolutely nuts saying that the left is going to want to tear down the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorials soon.
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.