I Just Love All the equivalency

WetdogWetdog Senior MemberPosts: 5,149 Senior Member
being spouted. and yes that what it is. Some of you sound just like trump who I expect you voted for. Those thugs, why they cancel out the KKK and neo **** and white supremacists. excuses, excuses. excuses. States rights come on. The civil war was fought over slavery that was the "state right' they were talking about. Apparently a segment of this country would like to do it all over again, some of them may be here. blacks are thugs, white supremacists have legitimate reasons, blacks don't, nor do non white immigrants, nor do Muslims who are targeted, everyone has an excuse why they don't matter or why they deserve it and how unfair it is to whites. People on this board have said there is no racism, I don't know anyone who is a racist...bull. You just don't have any problem with it because you don't think it affects you. You blame black people for being shot by cops in the back and cry out how his life was threatened?? Over and over you support bad cops and make excuses for them. Not many black men feel comfortable if they get stopped and who can blame them. recently well over a hundred cops got busted for planting evidence to convict...mostly all black men. What excuses do you have for that? Think hard.

The confederate monuments? Most were erected when Wilson rolled back reconstruction and gave us once again segregation. They also went up in response to the civil rights movement, they were intended to send a message, not to show respect for generals. Nearly every military base in the eastern U.S. are named for confederate generals.

Since trump took it all back today, is he the moral leader you can follow?

not a troll
I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,568 Senior Member
    Trump's remarks, along with the false-equivalency propagated by right-wing propaganda outlets made me angry over the weekend. Upon seeing Trump's remarks today at Trump Tower, I'm beyond mad. I'm actually quite upset. I don't care if this sounds un-manly or whatever but it just freakin' hurts.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 909 Senior Member
    Let's face it, the man is morally bankrupt. Really bad for the country.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,632 Senior Member
    Remember when many on the left and on here were ripping McCain apart when he ran? Well, how do ya like me now.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    Let's face it, the man is morally bankrupt. Really bad for the country.

understatement. I've heard that "it can't happen here." Get ready for it. He's already telling us that he'll postpone the 2020 election if it seems that illegals are voting. The list of stuff that is going on behind the scenes is staggering, with his voter suppression commission,... keep an eye on what's happening off the news, National monuments forest service lands along with BLM lands will be sold very soon. You would seeing gas pads in front of El Capitan, along the grand canyon, maybe the Custer battlefield, maybe fracking on the Gettysburg battlefield,....
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    Did you see Kelly looking at the ground during that disgusting display? I wonder if he has the guts to resign, I would have walked out and tendered my resignation. Let's see what kind of man he is.
    MikeA wrote: »
    Remember when many on the left and on here were ripping McCain apart when he ran? Well, how do ya like me now.

What in the hell are you talking about?
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    What in the hell are you talking about?

I'm talking about how the left ripped a man apart who would have made a great potus. If MCain wasn't good enough to be in the Oval Office then nobody is imo. We ended up with a community organizer over one of the most qualified men to run. This is what politics has become. No man worth his salt wants to be In the cross hairs of the leftist media except uber rich people who could care less. Like the ego maniac we have now. Looking back, maybe McCain wasn't such and **** after all. And maybe tearing the Republican candidates apart, one by one isn't such a good idea. Maybe next time look more for common ground instead of divineness. That's all I'm saying.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,297 Senior Member
    g6hlr.jpg
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    You know, I had no big problem with McCain. I'm a Democrat and would not have voted for him anyway, but had he been President I've no doubt that our country would have been just fine. But... Once he tapped The **** of Babylon, Northern District as his running mate? That made his election unthinkable. I would have sent him exercise DVD's and kale smoothies just to ensure he was leading a healthy lifestyle while POTUS.

Here is an interesting thought experiment: Would Pa**in would have been equally bad as Trump?
    Mike, it is time to admit that you voted for a disgusting pig of a human being and embrace that. This has nothing to do with Obama or McCain.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,942 Senior Member
    g6hlr.jpg

You have done well, Keep working and you will achieve that next level up.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    It must be nice to finally have a supporter in the White House.
    It will be interesting to see if Trump's assertion of moral equivalency between the white supremacists and the counter demonstrators becomes the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of Congressional Rs' willingness to carry his water. I get it that Rs from Trump states will be worried about alienating the Trump base, but at some point you have to stand up and defend right versus wrong. The 6 CEOs who resigned from Trump's advisory council understood that and did the right thing even though they incurred his wrath. Nonetheless, I am not holding my breath that that break will occur. The man has confounded all conventional wisdom.
    This article is about how LBJ's aides began to think LBJ suffered from paranoid delusions and raises the question of whether Trump's staff are beginning to wonder about his mental health.

When Aides Worry Their President Is Unhinged

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/15/lyndon-b-johnsons-aides-crazy-trump-215492

I am struck by this paragraph and particularly the turn of phrase in bold:

Significantly, LBJ's most "out there" beliefs were never displayed to the public—so he never gave the broader population any reason to worry about his darker visions. This is in stark contrast to the kind of behavior on blatant display at Tuesday’s news conference, which has convinced many psychiatrists, both professional and armchair, that our current president's seat back and tray table are not in the fully upright and locked positions. The decades of flatly false, easily refutable claims that have characterized Trump's business and political life have been multiplied geometrically by what’s at stake when Trump isn’t just talking up a building, but rebranding neo-**** and racists as upstanding citizens with legitimate concerns. In the mental-health community, concern has reached the point that there's a serious debate about whether to abandon the longstanding rule that professionals are not to offer judgments about people they have not personally treated.
    Mike, it is time to admit that you voted for a disgusting pig of a human being and embrace that. This has nothing to do with Obama or McCain.

Wrong, I NEVER voted for Clinton. :) Our election process has turned into celebrity death match. Next up Kid Rock vs Caitlyn.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,557 Senior Member
    DHUtMCeU0AEVJU2.jpg
    Also this kind of feel-good-love-to-everybody pablum is not only nauseating, its wrong:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obamas-tweet-after-charlottesville-becomes-the-most-liked-tweet-ever/ar-AAqaG9z?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=U452DHP

Nothing is more natural than tribal politics, because nothing is more natural than distrust of the "other." Centuries of philosophical effort went into taming the tribal beast, but everyone understood that at his core, this is the way man really is. There's nothing "learned" about it. Combine our tribal affinity with 19th century German philosophy and modern technology, and this is what you get.

So contra Obama, MLK, Niebuhr, et. al., its not true that the moral arc of the universe bends towards justice. It doesn't bend towards anything. It gets bent--by people. There is no fate but what we make. Progressives, so self-confident just a few months ago that they were part of the natural movement of history, should rethink their premises. Nothing is a foregone conclusion, no matter how obvious or just or fair it might seem.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    I'm talking about how the left ripped a man apart who would have made a great potus. If MCain wasn't good enough to be in the Oval Office then nobody is imo. We ended up with a community organizer over one of the most qualified men to run. This is what politics has become. No man worth his salt wants to be In the cross hairs of the leftist media except uber rich people who could care less. Like the ego maniac we have now. Looking back, maybe McCain wasn't such and **** after all. And maybe tearing the Republican candidates apart, one by one isn't such a good idea. Maybe next time look more for common ground instead of divineness. That's all I'm saying.

Apparently, you have never experienced an American political election, wherein every aspect of the opposition suddenly becomes horrible. The fringes have always viewed each other as next to Satan. I don't recall McCain as being UNUSUALLY criticized as evil (but he had to defend Bush and Iraq, which was a killer) , and Obama was mostly respectful.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,190 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    So contra Obama, MLK, Niebuhr, et. al., its not true that the moral arc of the universe bends towards justice. It doesn't bend towards anything. It gets bent--by people.

A WSJ editorial noting the anniversary of MLK's death noted that he would be appalled had he been alive today. MLK argued race shouldn't matter. In some of the cultural wars today, race is all that matters - on both sides.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    A WSJ editorial noting the anniversary of MLK's death noted that he would be appalled had he been alive today. MLK argued race shouldn't matter. In some of the cultural wars today, race is all that matters - on both sides.

Identity politics is a long term negative for a democracy once it becomes embedded in the system. The Democratic party has drunk too much of that kool aid for sure, and the GOP has been chugging it (code word cocktails) on the sly .

How is that? Do you believe that BLM is only about race and has nothing to do with police brutality? Did you notice that they were present at demonstrations when that white woman was shot?
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,190 Senior Member
    How is that? Do you believe that BLM is only about race and has nothing to do with police brutality? Did you notice that they were present at demonstrations when that white woman was shot?

What immediately comes to mind is the accusation of cultural appropriation.
    By the way, put down that bagel.
    DHYlvzsUIAAe50u.jpg:large
    creekguy wrote: »
    Identity politics is a long term negative for a democracy once it becomes embedded in the system. The Democratic party has drunk too much of that kool aid for sure, and the GOP has been chugging it (code word cocktails) on the sly .

This ^^^^^^^^
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,424 Senior Member
    This ^^^^^^^^

Yeah....it's hardly advancing humanity in a positive way

It is however fueling the most primitive senses of kill or be killed
    This ^^^^^^^^

Yes! That is one thing that I have really come to appreciate much more since Trump won the election.
    sherb wrote: »
    DHYlvzsUIAAe50u.jpg:large

I used to say, "If these are the pride of the white race, how do I get a transfer card?"
    What immediately comes to mind is the accusation of cultural appropriation.
    By the way, put down that bagel.

That is coming from about 10 ****'s at a Liberal Arts College. There are fewer of them than there are ****.
    That is coming from about 10 ****'s at a Liberal Arts College. There are fewer of them than there are ****.

Its much more widespread than you realize. I was caught off-guard by the **** **** (Floored, actually). I ended up apologizing to Steven for scoffing at the idea that anti-semitism was a real force to be reckoned with.

Liberals are going to be caught off guard with the ****'s. They command a significant portion of the democratic party now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.