"I hope you can let this go."

2»

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,115 Senior Member
    I did? Who knew.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,515 Senior Member
    But you support legislation that will actually increase deductibles.

https://www.axios.com/why-deductibles-would-rise-under-gop-plan-2322246232.html

You forgot the part about the lower premiums...

At Raymond James, I'd be asked about high-deductible HSAs. Young people should use this mechanism, but invest the amount of premiums they'd be saving in the HSA.

And btw, a high deductible, low premium plan is preferable to not buying a plan at all.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,092 Senior Member
    What good is a lower premium if you cannot afford to use it? ;)
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I did? Who knew.

You voted for the guys who voted for it and you did it because they told you they would.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    You voted for the guys who voted for it and you did it because they told you they would.

You're really deranged doood...
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,979 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    It is obstruction? Arguably, but probably not.

I doubt the President possessed the requisite criminal intent to actually impede the FBI in the performance of its duties. Assuming Trump said what Comey claims he said, its just another example of loose talk from someone who should be more careful.

I may have to modify this comment in light of a new hitherto unknown development: apparently just prior to this conversation with Comey, Trump asked Pence and Sessions to leave the room?

Why would he do that?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    The next question: Did he tape the conversation?

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    Everyone has to remember, Comey and the dems are making this all up to hide the fact that Tom Brady has had concussions and it was never reported to the NFL. Belicheck wouldn't do that?

So people would still be fine if Flynn was still NSA?

MikeA+

Now with comey stating in his memo that he was asked to leave Flynn alone. Add to that he was asked by Trump for his loyalty. Now he has already sworn an oath to Constitution, so what was Trump really looking for. Then he asked DOJ for more funds for resources, a fact that has been denied by some. But what can't be denied is that I believe he was fired the next day. However Comey is well known for his "MEMCOM" as the rest of those in the DOJ and elsewhere. These memos are recognized as "evidence" by the DOJ. His memos were shared with his staff and initialed by them to prove the date etc. These memos aren't some garbage made up to cover one's ****, though they may eventually do that. Would you give this evidence to the DOJ? Comey didn't because by itself one memo does not constitute Obstruction of Justice. Comey I expect was compiling info that would eventually meet the criteria. So no he did have to turn it in. Most lawyers understand this, most lawyers use MEMCOMs as well.

When you add these three separate conversations together you are getting closer to the benchmark of Obstruction. Don't think that there will only be three.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
    I may have to modify this comment in light of a new hitherto unknown development: apparently just prior to this conversation with Comey, Trump asked Pence and Sessions to leave the room?

Why would he do that?

Wait. I know why one would do that, Trump wanted to reveal his man love for Comey, what else could it be? That would freak out that pervert Pence....he is a pervert, can't be in the company of women without his wife present....man what a weirdo.

I am surprised that you didn't know that they were asked to leave.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,515 Senior Member
    What good is a lower premium if you cannot afford to use it? ;)

Because sometimes a person might HAVE to use it. So, it's in the public interest that he or she has some plan rather than no plan at all.

Perfection shouldn't be the enemy of the good.
    Wetdog wrote: »

I am surprised that you didn't know that they were asked to leave.

Like I said, I cancelled my NYT subscription at the worst possible time. :)
    The thing about Pence and his wife sounded sensible to me. Whatever he needs to do to safeguard his marriage and avoid the appearance of impropriety is good with me (not that it's any of my business).
    Lol **** that's good.
    The thing about Pence and his wife sounded sensible to me. Whatever he needs to do to safeguard his marriage and avoid the appearance of impropriety is good with me (not that it's any of my business).

while in a crowd with fifty other people? He wasn't talking one on one in some hotel lobby or a room There was something else he was weird about..it'll come back...something about alcohol I think.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,928 Senior Member
    So Comey talks next week in front of House investigative Committee

Wonder if Donald just stays in Mid-East
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,957 Senior Member
    It's been so odd over the past few months that the sources accusing Trump of doing something or other are anonymous all of the time and there isn't much substance to verify the many accusations the media keeps feeding everyone.

How is Comey suddenly anonymous? How is Flynn's ties to Russia and Turkey not substantive? How is the President admitting he said these things not confirmation? If things have not been released yet it is because people are doing what they can to protect themselves legally. Do you really think Comey is going to post a pic the memo on Instagram?

Do not let your incredulity be your guide in these matters.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,965 Senior Member
    Bushart wrote: »
    So Comey talks next week in front of House investigative Committee

Wonder if Donald just stays in Mid-East

Give him a luxury suite in the Benghazi Trump Towers Hotel. It's not the Middle east exactly, but close enough for gubbmint work.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,957 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    Trump promised to give them their voice back. This is why I'm saying that taking Trump out with some made up BS cockamany story won't end well.

Well, obstruction of justice and the potential of collusion with a hostile foreign government isn't cockamamie BS. However, I feel you may be right in that it won't end well. As Trump himself said he could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and it would be glossed over by the right-wing moonbats. There may indeed be violence on the streets if he should be removed from office.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,045 Senior Member
    Robert Mueller appointed special counsel in charge of investigating Russian interference in the election. We'll see where this leads. Solid choice.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    How is Comey suddenly anonymous?

Not Comey I'm talking about.
    The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of it to a Times reporter.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,024 Senior Member
    Robert Mueller appointed special counsel in charge of investigating Russian interference in the election. We'll see where this leads. Solid choice.
    Agree. Hopefully they are on a road to put this to bed once and for all. I'm tired of reading about it every freaking day.
    Steven wrote: »
    Because sometimes a person might HAVE to use it. So, it's in the public interest that he or she has some plan rather than no plan at all.

Perfection shouldn't be the enemy of the good.

Tell that to NZ.
    You're really deranged doood...

You were the one deranged enough to vote for Republicans that promised you they would give you a law just like this one and then refusing to take responsibility for that vote.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,897 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    Agree. Hopefully they are on a road to put this to bed once and for all. I'm tired of reading about it every freaking day.

Prepare yourself, this is going to go one for some time.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

You were the one deranged enough to vote for Republicans that promised you they would give you a law just like this one and then refusing to take responsibility for that vote.

But I didn't vote for republicans.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.