"I hope you can let this go."

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 6,858 Senior Member
Obstruction of justice?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?hp

I'm sure Comey crossed his t's and dotted his i's on this one.

Man, just when the sharing of classified information story was getting interesting. This is like drinking from a fire hose.

Replies

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Tick... tick... tick ...tick ... tick
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,858 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    Tick... tick... tick ...tick ... tick

I would also like to add that Pence, I'm sure, has been smart enough to distance himself from all of this. Don't worry Sherb, you'll get your judges.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,966 Senior Member
    Comey's notes, well there you have it.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,921 Senior Member
    I think that impeachment is going to require more than notes from a fired FBI director. Better hope so anyway. If there's no rock hard evidence there will be hell on the streets. It won't be the celebration you're imagining....
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,916 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    I think that impeachment is going to require more than notes from a fired FBI director. Better hope so anyway. If there's no rock hard evidence there will be hell on the streets. It won't be the celebration you're imagining....

It's one more straw on the camel's back, but I hope that he is not impeached and convicted. I think I prefer chaos to Pence.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member

Its a Memo written by the FBI director and sent in February long before he might have anticipated being fired. And yeah, there's more to come, because we still don't know why Trump was so into killing the investigation.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,887 Senior Member
    Its another instance of obstruction and that's all it took to take down Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon. So far we have a fired acting attorney general (Sally Yates) Firing Mike Flynn, Firing Comey. What do all these have in common you ask? Russia

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,078 Senior Member
    The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of it to a Times reporter.

Lol...more he said, she said.

Where is this alleged memo and why hasn't it been released?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,966 Senior Member
    Because they haven't decided which one to release yet.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,012 Senior Member
    I wonder if this song is playing in Trump's head:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V_ONyukSLqA

Saw Freddie King back in the 70s. Great show.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,812 Senior Member
    Well new pundit theory this morn.....The majority Repubs in the houses may be getting ready to Dump the Donald ....reason being that Pence is more your prototypical Repub candidate---midwestern corn fielder---hot dog eatin guy---and they'll still get the changes they want.

Wonder if this was it from the beginning?? Some repubs on the news are rolling their collective eyes----See Mitch Mc
    George K wrote: »
    It's one more straw on the camel's back, but I hope that he is not impeached and convicted. I think I prefer chaos to Pence.
    But it won't stop with Pence. If they manage to get rid of Trump, they'll just turn the cross hairs over to Pence. Within a few months they'll be writing articles daily about how Pence is even worst than Trump, who was a lot worse than George W, who was at the time of his presidency, just like ****. According to the these same clowns.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,888 Senior Member
    Lol...more he said, she said.

Where is this alleged memo and why hasn't it been released?

The New York Times is a private media company. They don't have the power to compel production of the document.

But someone does.

TO: Honorable Jason Chaffetz (R-UT)
    RE: Comey memo

Dear Congressman Chaffetz:

Do your job.

Yours very truly,

Sherb.
    It is obstruction? Arguably, but probably not.

I doubt the President possessed the requisite criminal intent to actually impede the FBI in the performance of its duties. Assuming Trump said what Comey claims he said, its just another example of loose talk from someone who should be more careful.
    I picked a hell of a week to cancel my NYT subscription. FML.
    sherb wrote: »
    The New York Times is a private media company. They don't have the power to compel production of the document.

It's been so odd over the past few months that the sources accusing Trump of doing something or other are anonymous all of the time and there isn't much substance to verify the many accusations the media keeps feeding everyone.

The sad part here is that I think the media has been fishing more than me lately. :D
    It's been so odd over the past few months that the sources accusing Trump of doing something or other are anonymous all of the time and there isn't much substance to verify the many accusations the media keeps feeding everyone.

The sad part here is that I think the media has been fishing more than me lately. :D

As soon as one is put to rest they'll just come with another and another.

Off topic, sort of. A company in AR builds the boat I use http://supremeboats.com/. Great boats, awesome company, and they treat me very nice since I represent them across state lines where they want to get a foothold. I just went up there last week to trade in my old boat for a new one. While talking to the guy at the counter about the rising cost of everything (I was buying oar mounting hardware and oarlocks) he said "tell me about it, I pay $900 a month for healthcare for my family though the marketplace". HOLY HELL! This guy is a worker in a small fiberglass boat building company in BFE AR. There's no way he's making over $40,000, if that. Paying $900 a month for insurance has to be debilitating to this guy. But he has no choice. That's freaking news! The Affordable healthcare act isn't affordable!

Where are the articles about the poor working smucks breaking their **** backs 7 days a week only to have all of their worth sucked dry by healthcare vampires and lazy people living on the gov teet. And retirement?? **** is that? Its not there. Nobody cares about these folks. These are the folks whose backs are against the wall. The media with all it "dogooders" don't seem to really give a F about these folks. These are the people that screamed the loudest with their vote last election. They have had enough being brushed aside and ignored while some liberal pet project (trans bathrooms) dominates the news. Trump promised to give them their voice back. This is why I'm saying that taking Trump out with some made up BS cockamany story won't end well.
    sherb wrote: »

But someone does.

TO: Honorable Jason Chaffetz (R-UT)
    RE: Comey memo

Dear Congressman Chaffetz:

Do your job.

Yours very truly,

Sherb.

Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law.

So, if Comey believed Trump attempted to obstruct justice, did he comply with the law by reporting it to the DOJ? If not, it calls into question whether the events occurred as the Times reported it.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,012 Senior Member
    If Trump is taken out it is not going to be due to anything other than his own actions.
    If Trump is taken out it is not going to be due to anything other than his own actions.
    And that seems somewhat reasonable considering how his first months in office. So stop with all the fake news and let him hang himself if he's going to.
    he said "tell me about it, I pay $900 a month for healthcare for my family though the marketplace". HOLY HELL! This guy is a worker in a small fiberglass boat building company in BFE AR. There's no way he's making over $40,000, if that. Paying $900 a month for insurance has to be debilitating to this guy. But he has no choice. That's freaking news! The Affordable healthcare act isn't affordable!

I've been saying this all along but it falls on deaf ears. After ACA kicked in the premiums doubled for my wife's health insurance clients.

Then consider the deductible that the guy has to pay...Probably $4k-$6k...before the insurance portion kicks in and it even makes it more unaffordable.

The liberal talking point is..."But now 20 million are now covered"!

What good is being covered if you can't afford it?

My in-laws that were on an ACA plan last year have now dropped out. It's cheaper to pay the fine and they have decided to take their chances and go without health insurance.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,887 Senior Member
    robert-downey-jr-rolls-eyes-oh-my-god-not-this-****-again.jpg

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Lol, Goldie for the win..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law.

So, if Comey believed Trump attempted to obstruct justice, did he comply with the law by reporting it to the DOJ? If not, it calls into question whether the events occurred as the Times reported it.

Yeah, I saw that story on the Fox news website too.

So what? As I often explain to people, the fact that someone else also committed a crime doesn't mean the guilty party is innocent.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,894 Senior Member
    I've been saying this all along but it falls on deaf ears. After ACA kicked in the premiums doubled for my wife's health insurance clients.

Then consider the deductible that the guy has to pay...Probably $4k-$6k...before the insurance portion kicks in and it even makes it more unaffordable.

The liberal talking point is..."But now 20 million are now covered"!

What good is being covered if you can't afford it?

But you support legislation that will actually increase deductibles.

https://www.axios.com/why-deductibles-would-rise-under-gop-plan-2322246232.html
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    ricinus wrote: »
    Lol, Goldie for the win..

Mike

I'm not sure what he won, but you can't keep putting lipstick on a pig in regards to ACA.
    But you support legislation that will actually increase deductibles.

https://www.axios.com/why-deductibles-would-rise-under-gop-plan-2322246232.html

I do? When did that happen?
    Are you not a supporter of the current repeal and replace? Too bad you voted for it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Are you not a supporter of the current repeal and replace?

Nope. I'm a plan of something that would be better. Both parties are doing a **** job of achieving that though.
    You voted for it regardless.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.