Watch out Steven, It's Keynes Prime the Pump time.

creekguycreekguy Senior MemberPosts: 3,905 Senior Member
John Maynard Trump not only wants to "Prime the Pump", he wants to copyright the term, cause he invented it. From the "you can't make this stuff up" file.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-prime-the-pump_us_591458dbe4b00b643ebba843?to&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Some of you I'm sure have actually have had to Prime a pump, (I've done it several times) but I doubt if the Donald has ever had to.

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,296 Senior Member
    Cripes.

Just lower the damned corporate tax rate.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,800 Senior Member
    You'll have to excuse Steven folks; looks like he mixed peyote with bad 'shine this weekend. We all wish him a speedy recovery. :)
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,686 Senior Member
    No, I think we just want to wring out of a GOP administration what we can before it implodes. I want federal judges. Steven wants a lower corporate tax rate.

Unfortunately Trump's erratic behavior last week has imperiled any possible legislative agenda. But here's hoping.
    Nah...

I want a lower corporate tax rate, federal judges, the death of the DOL fiduciary rule and the embassy in Jerusalem (which the Sec. of State is now walking back).

After that he can do a mic drop and do reality TV forever.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,686 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Nah...

I want a lower corporate tax rate, federal judges, the death of the DOL fiduciary rule and the embassy in Jerusalem (which the Sec. of State is now walking back).

After that he can do a mic drop and do reality TV forever.

a cursory glance at google tells me you'll probably get that one.

I wonder what will happen in November 2018 if Trump quits, is impeached, sidelined, rendered irrelevant, whatever, AND the dems STILL don't take back the House. Because that's a possibility. They aren't exactly setting the world on fire.
    It's actually proving harder than anybody ever expected.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 959 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    I wonder what will happen in November 2018 if Trump quits, is impeached, sidelined, rendered irrelevant, whatever, AND the dems STILL don't take back the House. Because that's a possibility. They aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

That is for sure. The Ds are pretty rudderless. They need to figure out whether they are Bernie acolytes and, if not, what their message is. They are lucky that Trump's follies are giving them time to figure themselves out, although I am not sure they taking advantage of that time.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,800 Senior Member
    I'm afraid the Dems are looking more and more like the Bad News Bears.

(Mutters to self, looks forward to crying into beer later tonight.)
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,983 Senior Member
    I think they should nominate Hillary to run again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    I think the big need for Govt action is in fact Infrastructure, and that could be the Dems platform for 2018, except they would be running WITH the Donald. Strange, but it beats not having a "big idea".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.