Butner bait

2»

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,410 Senior Member
    Everything that you hate can be literally ****. GWB and Obama were both literally ****. Climate deniers as well as these scientists who apparently have no answers, literally ****.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    He bought a 200 year old house, it takes time to turn that around. In either case it has nothing to do with science.
    That house wasn't built with the power consumption of a small town. It was added, however.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,986 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Everything that you hate can be literally ****. GWB and Obama were both literally ****. Climate deniers as well as these scientists who apparently have no answers, literally ****.

Robert E Lee. . .?
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,957 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Robert E Lee. . .?

Nah. At least **** wasn't a turncoat traitor to his own country.
    Robert E Lee. . .?
    That's a mighty dry field next to your house. It would be a shame if someone accidentally set it on fire.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,521 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Everything that you hate can be literally ****. GWB and Obama were both literally ****. Climate deniers as well as these scientists who apparently have no answers, literally ****...for all intensive purposes.

Fixed.......
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,930 Senior Member
    Robert E Lee??

Didn't he invent the Mullet hairstyle?
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,971 Senior Member
    A bonus point for Steven!
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Yeah, no.

Global climate change is not fake, its not a scam, its not a scare-tactic. Its real. The weight of the evidence is clearly in favor of the warming hypothesis.

But its also not unassailable, and of course what to do about is and always will be an open question.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,115 Senior Member
    I never said climate change was fake. It's real. But what was is also real is people scamming off of it to make money.

What to do about it? Not much you, I or anyone can do. If recent climate change is indeed man made...it's too late...We are at the point of no return. Cutting emissions (assuming this is the cause) worldwide to near zero will never happen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Tom M. just came by again.

Y'know, I'm really the only optimist left at the Lodge.

"The **** won't hit the fan, because the **** can't hit the fan" - said somebody smart, once.
    A) The Daily Caller? Really?
    B) The exception proves the rule?

What to do about it? Not much you, I or anyone can do. If recent climate change is indeed man made...it's too late...We are at the point of no return. Cutting emissions (assuming this is the cause) worldwide to near zero will never happen.

I don't know if that's true. Its true that "America is not the world," as L'il Marco said during one of the debates. But that just means we can't do everything. Not that we can't do anything.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    A) The Daily Caller? Really?
    B) The exception proves the rule?
    It was published elsewhere besides daily caller. If that story isn't true, feel free to prove it wrong.

I don't know if that's true. Its true that "America is not the world," as L'il Marco said during one of the debates. But that just means we can't do everything. Not that we can't do anything.

Some study I read a while back suggested that if we were able to flip a switch and reduce emissions to zero right now, that it would take 1000 years for things to return back to normal...whatever normal means.

Knowing that will never happen...and if that study is correct...I think it's safe to assume that it is irreversible.

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,024 Senior Member
    Why is it always literally ****. Why not literally Himmler? Literally Dr. Mengele?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Why not literally Mao Tse Tung? He made **** look completely incompetent.

Pol Pot was an under rated mass murdeter.
    Avery Brewing in CO has/had a line of beers they call their "Dictator Series." I've had the Maharaja Imperial IPA. I wondered why they didn't have a **** Hefeweizen or Stalin Stout.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,102 Senior Member
    Yeah, no.

Global climate change is not fake, its not a scam, its not a scare-tactic. Its real. The weight of the evidence is clearly in favor of the warming hypothesis.

But its also not unassailable, and of course what to do about is and always will be an open question.

Clearly you were not paying attention to the Republican Platform.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    It was published elsewhere besides daily caller. If that story isn't true, feel free to prove it wrong.

Yeah Alex Jones isn't real either.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Another rebuttal. This one is right up Stevens alley:

https://www.ft.com/content/e144719e-0dcb-11e5-aa7b-00144feabdc0

Yeah, that is up my alley, particularly the last paragraph.

However, for what it's worth, he's wrong about setting of the discount rate to reflect uncertainty. It's not the discount rate that reflects uncertainty, but rather the expected probability of the range of outcomes.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,971 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Yeah, that is up my alley, particularly the last paragraph.

However, for what it's worth, he's wrong about setting of the discount rate to reflect uncertainty. It's not the discount rate that reflects uncertainty, but rather the expected probability of the range of outcomes.

What then does the discount rate reflect?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    The opportunity cost of capital.
    Clearly you were not paying attention to the Republican Platform.

I just read it. I don't see where it says anything at odds with what I said.

In all fairness he did not cast a vote for Orange Julius Caesar so I don't think he is ok with it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.