Is this you?

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,737 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    My favorite is the Anti Gluten speech.

Yep. This book talks all about that and the poor state of nutrition science generally.

https://www.amazon.com/Gluten-Lie-Other-Myths-About-ebook/dp/B00T0GIB10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492105643&sr=8-1&keywords=gluten+lie
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,899 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    You know what gets me fightin mad! Products that claim they have Sea Salt in them, like its an improvement over regular Mortons. Where does Mortons come from: ancient sea beds, which means that this sea salt doesn't have residue from nuclear fallout, and manmade pollutants like DDT or Lead that have flowed to the sea in the modern era. What idiocy. Its enough to make me post on the web about it.

I have always found that for political conservatives these health issues are big "wedge" issues. Get them started on fluoridation of drinking water.
    Sea salt. Free range. Cage free. Organic. Nitrate and nitrite free. Angus beef.

You know what all these terms have in common? Marketing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,370 Senior Member
    Nitrite is bad for you. It rhymes with thermite.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,156 Senior Member
    General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: [very nervous] Lord, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen... tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?

General Jack D. Ripper: [somewhat embarassed] Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No.

General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.

Are you sure that's not a transcript of a conversation between Flynn and Bannon?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Nitrite is bad for you. It rhymes with thermite.
    You know who else didn't believe in cage free?
    Now I will say this: the kinds of hog Buffco raises do provide a product that is, in my humble opinion, superior to store-bought meat in terms of flavor. But that's not due to the presence/absence of additives. The breeds he uses are better and, fattier. Fat is flavor. It also goes into how he raises them, and what that makes for in the end product.

But I don't think that the type of pork he produces is any more or less safe than supermarket stuff.

I have lusted for Buffy's pork ever since he posted photos of some chops. Not Buffy's pork, mind you, but that from his hogs. :)
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,370 Senior Member
    I should note that I've never any of Buffco's pork. But I know several folks who raise the same breeds in similar ways, and I know how good that pork is.

Also, even though I haven't seen him in a while, I know Buffco, and he's a good man. I know if he sells something, it's good quality.
    The last time I went to Jerry's I took several boxes of my sausage. Chris put it all in his mouth. Said he loved it.

I need to bring you some by next time I'm in your area. That may be in just a week or two.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,639 Senior Member
    You guys are hooked on the chemicals...I can tell.

:p
    George K wrote: »
    I have lusted for Buffy's pork

It's yours for the asking, baby.
    You guys are hooked on the chemicals...I can tell.

:p
    There are no chemicals in my free range, cage free, gluten free, no hormone/steroid/antibiotic pork.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,639 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    There are no chemicals in my free range, cage free, gluten free, no hormone/steroid/antibiotic pork.

I know for sure there are none in mine either.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    All this pork talk, I want a McRib..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    Why I hunt deer n moose
    10,000 wolves can't be wrong
    It's yours for the asking, baby.

I'll take a dozen two inch thick chops, a crown roast, a bone-in shoulder and some ribs. Thanks. :)
    I'll take a dozen two inch thick chops, a crown roast, a bone-in shoulder and some ribs. Thanks. :)
    Done. It may look a little different than you're used to. Lie still now...

Party at George's...I'll bring the maple syrup
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,969 Senior Member
    1) Yeah, what is up with all of the gluten madness? I don't get it.

2) I don't buy organic for health benefits. I buy it because I'm an environmentalist. In CO Native's example, I'm doing my infinitesimally small part to reduce the demand for the chemicals in the first place. I end up feeling better about it.
    Done. It may look a little different than you're used to. Lie still now...

My mama warned me about silver tongued devils like you. No deal. I'll get my Berkshires elsewhere (sigh).
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,665 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    1) I'm doing my infinitesimally small part to reduce the demand for the chemicals in the first place.

#scientistlivesmatter
    If any small producer is willing to take a chance and go organic, I'm going to support them. I'd much rather give my money to a local than a mega corp. like Cargill etc.

Mike
    ricinus wrote: »
    If any small producer is willing to take a chance and go organic, I'm going to support them. I'd much rather give my money to a local than a mega corp. like Cargill etc.

Mike

Yeah same here---partly tho to support the little guy who amped up the courage to give it a shot---making a living on their terms
    I'll expect an order from each of you then. Half or whole hog. $3.00 per lb. Plus butcher bill.

I'll expect an order from each of you then. Half or whole hog. $3.00 per lb. Plus butcher bill.

We still have a problem with that dang border.. Thanks Trump..

Mike

If we were neighbors I'd likely be a regular customer---however crossing borders with meat gets tricky---insp stamps and all
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,812 Senior Member
    Organic milk just means they cannot be given antibiotics and GMO feed. Whether or not that affects milk quality is anybody's guess. There's certainly no science behind it.

The place I get "organic milk" is called Lifeline Farms. The milk isn't (without looking) homogenized or pasteurized (one or the other). It also has cream on top. Wether that is truly organic I don't know but it's the best milk ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

The place I get "organic milk" is called Lifeline Farms. The milk isn't (without looking) homogenized or pasteurized (one or the other). It also has cream on top. Wether that is truly organic I don't know but it's the best milk ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the cream is on top it's not homogenized. If one day you become deathly ill it's probably not pasteurized either. Let us know - if possible. :)
    I did almond milk for awhile till I heard I was causing California's drought.. Thanks Comic..

Mike
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,969 Senior Member
    I still buy almond milk for cereal, though that is rare. I don't drink cow's milk because I'm not a baby cow.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,737 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I still buy almond milk for cereal, though that is rare. I don't drink cow's milk because I'm not a baby cow.

Milk is for babies. I drink beeah.

--Arnold.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.