so I went fishing the end of August

Scruffy FlyScruffy Fly Junior MemberPosts: 17 Junior Member
in the Eastern Sierras on Small Creeks so I will not name the creeks even though one of them is stocked, they say. We generally fished well above where the stocking occurs so we caught mostly small browns and brookies.
The creeks were still running very high from snow melt. But the water was clear and cold.
I did not catch much right next to the willows which was surprising. But out in the tail outs of pools there were lots of willing fish for dry flies.
Small caddis flies worked best. But small stimulators worked well. The stimulatores were bigger than the small caddis. Very small parachute mayfly pattern was quite popular again this year.

Don't have fish **** pics but a few photos I may have soon.

This one popular creek we fished last year we would see one or two guides in a days time but this year we saw 4 or 5 sets of guides with people. What is up with that? It also meant that the catching was not quite as good but still quite enjoyable. Maybe because of the high flows all over the place maybe this stream seemed more accessible and fishy this year.

We fished this one part of a small creek we had not fished before. It took some tough down stream bushwacking and fishing but it was loaded with lots of brookies, browns and some bows. Beavers had been very active in the area earlier in the run off but did not see any actual beavers.
I was surprised that my 60 something brother enjoyed the experience in here. It reminded us of fishing as kids in New Hampshire.

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,870 Senior Member
    Cool!
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file