The greatest generation

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Your mother's playing Mah-jong and she say's, "My Buffy's a NP of psychiatry."
    Estelle says, "Nu, why not a doctor?"

But then, I work for an insurance company in Iowa....

I had a dream the other night that I was either in Chicago or New York with my boss, and men were walking around outside wearing tallit under their suit coats (which is ridiculous since you wear tallit on the outside and only in shul). I realized it was Yom Kippur, and I didn't know since I lived in Iowa. I started screaming at my boss and woke up so pissed off.

Yeah, that is ridiculous. I never would wear my talit under my suit like that. And not even in shul? GTF outta here.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,024 Senior Member
    Buffy, Walter Sobchak awards you +2jp.

walter_sobchak.jpg
    I need all I can get. Steven almost has me in negative numbers.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Your mother's playing Mah-jong and she say's, "My Buffy's a NP of psychiatry."
    Estelle says, "Nu, why not a doctor?"

But then, I work for an insurance company in Iowa....
    Ha, you wouldn't believe he flak I got for majoring in geology. "But your brothers a physicist? why can't you do that?"
    Wait, Creekguy is a MoT?
    Some of us have Jewish mothers, although they aren't MoT. My mother is Jewish. I'm her only son. And I hear all the disappointment and guilt trips.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,104 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Wait, Creekguy is a MoT?

He is, yes.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,559 Senior Member
    CG comes around for the holidays.

Speaking of which, Happy Purim (tomorrow) everybody.
    Buffco wrote: »
    Some of us have Jewish mothers, although they aren't MoT. My mother is Jewish. I'm her only son. And I hear all the disappointment and guilt trips.

If this were true, by definition you have an internal score of 5.
    If this were true, by definition you have an internal score of 5.
    It's most definitely true. Let me introduce you to my mother.

When I was about 12, I received a chewing out from her while we were on the way to some family friend's house for Sunday dinner. Why was she getting on to me?

Because one of my cousins had knocked over their gate (the family friend) a month ago and let all their goats out. She was so afraid of me embarrassing her that I was getting a lecture and I'd never even been to the place.

These people had a shop on their property with boutique stuff, furniture, etc. that they sold during the week. It was locked, being Sunday, so I was peeking in the glass. Beside the door was a doorbell. I pressed it a few times and listened but couldn't hear a doorbell ringing in the little wooden shop.

About that time, SHE burst out of the house, screaming my name.

The doorbell was wired to go off inside the house. All the guests were in the home laughing about it, i was just a kid, and they saw me out the window, standing on the stoop, pressing a button, and pushing my ear against the glass. Everyone else thought it was cute, but SHE went red in the face. I was a quiet kid. Never got in trouble. But my mother acted as if I was Satan reincarnate.

I'm still going to therapy and taking meds because of her. So yeah, I think my "Jewish" mother can out-Jewish mother any of the MoT women. She can certainly hold her own.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,779 Senior Member
    ...plus, by being a ginger, Buffco's a social outcast in most arenas...
    I stopped at Sunday dinner. If she were really Jewish, you would have gone out for Chinese.
    I stopped at Sunday dinner. If she were really Jewish, you would have gone out for Chinese.
    Come ON. Read the rest. If this doesn't qualify me, nothing will.

Maybe city dwelling Jews go out for Chinese, but not where we lived. We didn't get a Chinese restaurant until the 90s.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,263 Senior Member
    We help people with psychiatric conditions, like the ghey or being Mormon.

Shall I schedule you a visit, Eld. Shawn?

If Shawn has the gay then I think Sherb and I should feel insulted,
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    ...plus, by being a ginger, Buffco's a social outcast in most arenas...
    You know what? I'm beginning to suspect that Steven is holding me back only because he's afraid that I'm really more Jewish than he is.
    There was this comic who came up with a new religion combining Hinduism and Judaism. He called it Hinjew. You live several lifetimes and in each of them you disappoint your mother.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,779 Senior Member
    You know what? I'm beginning to suspect that Steven is holding me back only because he's afraid that I'm really more Jewish than he is.
    You'd think that after the third circumcision you'd up your score...
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,104 Senior Member
    If Shawn has the gay then I think Sherb and I should feel insulted,

Yeah, Shawn. I'm not hot enough for you? I mean, you didn't even float a trial balloon.
    sherb wrote: »
    Yeah, Shawn. I'm not hot enough for you? I mean, you didn't even float a trial balloon.
    It's because there were two of you. Had Elder Shawn been with just one of you, he would have had you in the huckle-buck in the bottom of the drift boat.

These Mormons only strike when there are no witnesses.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,095 Senior Member
    Don't know about the greatest generation, but I think this one is going down as the largest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4295400/Spring-Breakers-defy-drink-ban-twerk-flash-fight.html
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    Camel toe alert!
    MikeA wrote: »
    Don't know about the greatest generation, but I think this one is going down as the largest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4295400/Spring-Breakers-defy-drink-ban-twerk-flash-fight.html

Wow, that was NSFW.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Wow, that was NSFW.

But a definite dearth of attractive women.
    We are going to Florida on Monday (taking the kids to visit The Mouse), and it does NOT make me want to take a detour to Panama City. I'll stick to the MILFs at Epcot.
    Is the Orange Gestapo going to let you in the country?
    We're sneaking across the border, disguised as moose.
    I hollowed one out.
    Ah, the old Trojan Moose trick!
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member
    What is this camel toe you speak of??

As a hunter I try to utilize every part of the animal...So if I hunted camels....

How would you get the hair off the cameltoe?
    What wine goes good with cameltoe?
    Can I serve a combo sausage/cameltoe platter?
    If my cameltoe smells fishy is it past it's prime?
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member
    And Buff

There should be full disclosure on this board

The fact I've talked to you ..a now full fledged Jew

It's going to really hurt my application to get into the Klan:cool:
    Bushart wrote: »
    What is this camel toe you speak of??

As a hunter I try to utilize every part of the animal...So if I hunted camels....

How would you get the hair off the cameltoe?
    What wine goes good with cameltoe?
    Can I serve a combo sausage/cameltoe platter?
    If my cameltoe smells fishy is it past it's prime?

The camel toe is edible.
    Some are furrier than others, it varies.
    Sausage compliments camel toe very well. I recommend a nice cabernet.
    I've never seen one past it's prime, but they should be cleaned well before consumption.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.