feet on the couch

tim_stim_s Senior MemberPosts: 1,954 Senior Member
all the faux controversy over the 'feet on the couch' incident is almost as funny as the defenders of trump tripping over themselves to post pictures of Barry with his feet on the desk

all of it misguided.......but not that there isn't a MAJOR issue with how conway acts (and the POTUS as well)

STOP TWEETING

have a little more respect for the office.....you aren't 17, this isn't a sleepover at julie's with everyone but that **** stephanie.....this is the oval office.....stop taking pictures on your cellphone so you can tweet **** out like "see, DJT has #blackfriends #notracist #justkidding"

i realize it plays to the idiotic base, but stop dragging all of us into this american idol presidency ****

you won......now act the part and do the job
Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,075 Senior Member
    It's going to be a long 4-8 years for some of you...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,954 Senior Member
    so you don't think the tweeting and juvenile behavior is beneath the office?
    For me it ranks up there with who gives a **** about such petty stuff...

http://mashable.com/2017/02/28/kellyanne-conway-oval-office-couchgate/#qROu5TzjqOqs
    i see it as symptomatic of the larger scale dumbing down of this country*

*referring to the tweet-Presidency, as you don't seem to be understanding what i am saying all too well
    For me it ranks up there with who gives a **** about such petty stuff...

http://mashable.com/2017/02/28/kellyanne-conway-oval-office-couchgate/#qROu5TzjqOqs

rewriting what i wrote above, since i more or less said what was in the article you just linked.....

"all the faux controversy over the 'feet on the couch' incident is almost as funny as the defenders of trump tripping over themselves to post pictures of Barry with his feet on the desk

all of it misguided......."
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Fluff news is as bad as fake news. it distracts from the important stuff. Really.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    tim_s wrote: »

as a life-long lefty, I have to say I think the only part of it that is symptomatic of the dumbing down of the country, is that we pay it any attention whatsoever.

In fact, I feel like I am slightly dumber just for having responded to this thread.

these folks are systematically and deliberately deconstructing our government (Bannon's words). They are about to cut the EPA by almost a quarter. They are destroying policies and programs that have gotten bipartisan support for decades.

how the effing sit in the office doesn't effing matter.
    as a life-long lefty, I have to say I think the only part of it that is symptomatic of the dumbing down of the country, is that we pay it any attention whatsoever.

In fact, I feel like I am slightly dumber just for having responded to this thread.

these folks are systematically and deliberately deconstructing our government (Bannon's words). They are about to cut the EPA by almost a quarter. They are destroying policies and programs that have gotten bipartisan support for decades.

how the effing sit in the office doesn't effing matter.

well no kidding it doesn't. that's what i said above.....the faux controversy is comical

however, i still would argue the presidency via twitter is insulting and far below the office.....and it does come into play

this administration will continue to do what it wants, it will continue to flood the market with ridiculous, inflammatory quotes, alternative facts and stupid membes....and their base supporters will eat it up, and there won't be a hell of a lot anyone with any common sense will be able to do about it until some of the middle ground republicans come to their senses
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,995 Senior Member

1) She could have sat on the couch and got the photo with same composition.

2) She didn't take her shoes off and if you look closely at the photo in the article, you can see one her heels digging into the backrest of the couch.

If it isn't a big deal then why the hell did are mothers and fathers yell at us to get our feet off the couch when we had our shoes on? If we were expected to respect our parent's belongings, then she should respect the White House furniture. Unless that couch was bought with Trump's money, then she can do anything on it Trump allows.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

I see it within the realm of political correctness...

Like I said...it's going to be a long 4-8 years for some people.

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,887 Senior Member
    I see it within the realm of political correctness...

I hope you're happy Joe, your pal just signed an executive order allowing pollution into streams and wetlands. You get what you pay for.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

My pal? That's a silly accusation for someone I didn't vote for.

But what does that have to do with feet on the couch?

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,921 Senior Member
    I'm Rick James!
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,858 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    I'm Rick James!

This took me a minute but you are a **** American Hero for this comment.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,885 Senior Member
    I searched everywhere for my give-a-crap, and I just couldn't find it anywhere.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    16864996_10155050499496660_7009451405040256809_n.jpg?oh=9f59e920a976a93ab4d5c92c40ce4982&oe=592D93EE
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,886 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    I'm Rick James!

well done.
    My pal? That's a silly accusation for someone I didn't vote for but have defended almost daily.

But what does that have to do with feet on the couch?

Fixed it for you.
    FishTX wrote: »
    1) She could have sat on the couch and got the photo with same composition.

2) She didn't take her shoes off and if you look closely at the photo in the article, you can see one her heels digging into the backrest of the couch.

Is this your grandmas living room? Worse things have happened on that couch.
    Fixed it for you.

Show your work where I have defended him.
    Really? I don't have to show it, it is in almost every thread you have posted in for the past 3 months.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,858 Senior Member
    Really? I don't have to show it, it is in almost every thread you have posted in for the past 3 months.

This, Joe ^^^^^^
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,637 Senior Member
    Well, it's already been a long 16 for some of us, so why not add another 4-8?

Is it wrong I yearn for the comparative lack of rancor that came during the Clinton administration?

Umm nope. Must be thinking of someone else. I'm not a fan of Trump. The only thing I support that he might do is the repeal and replacement of O-care.

But unlike some people, I realize the sky isn't falling and in 4-8 years from now we'll all be just fine.
    I hope you're happy Joe, your pal just signed an executive order allowing pollution into streams and wetlands. You get what you pay for.
    FYI...it's going to take more than the stroke of a pen to allow that to happen.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/28/us/politics/trump-epa-clean-water-climate-change.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-clean-water-rule-executive-order_us_58b5add8e4b0a8a9b78681b9

I don't support Trumps actions here at all...but again...the sky isn't falling.

Well, it's already been a long 16 for some of us, so why not add another 4-8?

Is it wrong I yearn for the comparative lack of rancor that came during the Clinton administration?

What lack of rancor are you remembering?
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,886 Senior Member
    What lack of rancor are you remembering?

Gotta go with Comic on this one.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,916 Senior Member
    Her shoes on the sofa would be a non-issue were it not that it captures the boorishness of Trump and his team better than the proverbial thousand words.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Kellyanne was a campaign manager who made speech and hotel bookings and smoozed the media types. She has tried to step up to be a politico and has spectacularly reached her level of incompetence.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,398 Senior Member

have a little more respect for the office.....you aren't 17, this isn't a sleepover at julie's with everyone but that **** stephanie.....this is the oval office.....

Let's look on the bright side...no need for dry cleaning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.