"Get out of my country!"

2»

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,945 Senior Member
    Again how doe this make it any less an act of racial hatred and terrorism?

Everything is now getting labeled terrorism.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,866 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Everything is now getting labeled terrorism.

Ok, so yelling "get out of my country" right before he shoots 3 people isn't an act of terrorism?

I would imagine the victims were terrified. And the definition of terrorism is?

Terrorism is, in its broadest sense, the use of intentionally indiscriminate violence as a means to create terror or fear, in order to achieve a political, religious, or ideological aim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,761 Senior Member
    Even if it's not terrorism it's certainly an ethnically or racially motivated hate crime. Perhaps he would not have shot them if he hadn't been drunk, but that doesn't change the motivation.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,468 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    I was being sarcastic.

BS. I have been drunk more than a few times. I never lost my sense of right and wrong when drunk.

Have you ever had 2 drinks and then driven home?
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,237 Senior Member
    CO Native wrote: »
    Have you ever had 2 drinks and then driven home?
    No but I had two drinks and shot a couple Yankees once. Told them to get outta my county.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,441 Senior Member
    The only reason this is not up for debate is because he is not brown.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Winners make the rules.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Carpetbaggers make the rules.

Fixed it for you.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,963 Senior Member
    Ok, so yelling "get out of my country" right before he shoots 3 people isn't an act of terrorism?

I would imagine the victims were terrified. And the definition of terrorism is?

Terrorism is, in its broadest sense, the use of intentionally indiscriminate violence as a means to create terror or fear, in order to achieve a political, religious, or ideological aim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When white folks do it, it's called a hate crime. When muslims do it, it's called terrorism.
    when white folks do it, it's called a hate crime. When muslims do it, it's called "man made disaster.".

ftfy

• WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    great being drunk is an excuse, I should remember that, it may come in handy someday
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    5 pages of this thread, and nobody pointed out that this guy was so effing stupid he couldn't tell the difference between Iranians and Indians. (Other stories have stated that when he got to Applebees and confessed to the bartender, he said he shot a couple of Iranians)

And, I tend to agree with NZ here- take alcohol out of the mix and I wonder if he would have done it. News stories say he was going through a rough time and was hitting the bottle hard. Without the booze maybe he would have just stayed home and made racist comments on Facebook.
    But we'll never know.
    Wetdog wrote: »
    great being drunk is an excuse, I should remember that, it may come in handy someday

Nobody here said it was an excuse.

Because bar fights and shootings never happen whenever alcohol is involved right?

http://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/bar-fight-turns-into-shooting-4-injured/458454875

http://www.wisn.com/article/man-killed-during-bar-fight-in-milwaukee/8572822
    Nobody here said it was an excuse.

Because bar fights and shootings never happen whenever alcohol is involved right?

http://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/bar-fight-turns-into-shooting-4-injured/458454875

http://www.wisn.com/article/man-killed-during-bar-fight-in-milwaukee/8572822

It was a joke. I thought I'd use it for my next DUI...oh wait I hardly drink.
    Wetdog wrote: »
    It was a joke. I thought I'd use it for my next DUI...oh wait I hardly drink.

Next DUI? How many you have fercripesakes? :D :p ;)

Maybe try dancing instead. Too much laughter to arrest you then. :eek:
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    "You're a great dancer." - Vodka
    Never had a DUI. But I have been guilty of strange dancing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.