"Get out of my country!"

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 6,663 Senior Member
I hope this redneck racist never sees the light of day again.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/authorities-investigating-kansas-triple-shooting-hate-crime/story?id=45696597

Our esteemed orange leader should denounce this hate crime in the sternest of tones.

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,237 Senior Member
    Why did he shoot them? Article didn't say.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,002 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »

I've heard ammosexuality mentioned as a motive.

Jim
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,441 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »

Let's see, he walks into a bar shoots a couple of Indians, yells "Get out of my country?" I wonder what that reason could be.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,237 Senior Member
    The article didn't mention he yelled, "get out of my country." Unless I'm missing it.
    Watch video.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,963 Senior Member
    Let's see, he walks into a bar shoots a couple of Indians, yells "Get out of my country?" I wonder what that reason could be.

He was drunk.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    And........
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    Who amongst us has not had a few beers, wandered down to the pub, and shot a couple of foreigners?
    And........

People do stupid things when they are drunk. Alcohol makes people do stupid things they wouldn't normally do when sober.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,507 Senior Member
    Or the knuckle-draggers feel the federal gov't has got their back now----history shows does not take much to light a fuse

Fear being bombarded from the pres podium---lots o bad dudes out there
    Cuddy wrote: »
    Who amongst us has not had a few beers, wandered down to the pub, and shot a couple of foreigners?

This is ^^^^^^

NZ that has got to be the stupidest excuse I have ever heard. It certainly does not remove the racial bias from his motivations.
    I never said it was an excuse. Clearly throw the book at this guy.

I bet if he was sober, he wouldn't have done what he did though.

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Maybe he planned to do something like this, but just needed a few beers to get that false courage..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,945 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I hope this redneck racist never sees the light of day again.

I missed the redneck in the article.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    This was the act of a Radical Christianic Terrorist.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    Alcohol makes people do stupid things they wouldn't normally do when sober.

so does religion, but oddly, we don't brush that off so lightly.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,929 Senior Member
    I bet if he was sober, he wouldn't have done what he did though.
    So you're saying every murder ever committed since we crawled out of the oceans was done under the influence of drugs (including booze)?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,945 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    So you're saying every murder ever committed since we crawled out of the oceans was done under the influence of drugs (including booze)?

Wouldn't go as far as every, but I'm betting it is a lot especially alcohol.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    ricinus wrote: »
    Maybe he planned to do something like this, but just needed a few beers to get that false courage..

Mike
    Speculation. But beer definitely gave him the courage.

No.

I'm saying that alcohol makes people do stupid things.

Is it really that difficult to understand this concept?

Look at the weekly police reports in your local paper...it's easy to find all the dumb things people do under the influence of alcohol.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,761 Senior Member
    No.

Is it really that difficult to understand this concept.

Look at the weekly police reports in your local paper...it's easy to find all the dumb things people do under the influence of alcohol.

OTOH, In Vino Veritas. It relaxes inhibitions, leading to acting out things desired but usually kept in check.

I saw a sign in a bar once: "Beer: getting ugly people laid since the dawn of agriculture"
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,929 Senior Member
    I was being sarcastic.

BS. I have been drunk more than a few times. I never lost my sense of right and wrong when drunk.

Had he been on coke, meth or certain types of antidepressants, then you might have an argument.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    I was being sarcastic.

BS. I have been drunk more than a few times. I never lost my sense of right and wrong when drunk.

Had he been on coke, meth or certain types of antidepressants, then you might have an argument.

No not BS. You need to get out more.

Not everyone under the influence acts the same. Some people are happy drunks, some become extremely obnoxious to everyone in the room, some become violent.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/men-shot-gut-separate-bronx-harlem-incidents-article-1.2721243

http://www.kgw.com/news/molalla-man-in-custody-after-shooting-wife/381449776
    People do stupid things when they are drunk. Alcohol makes people do stupid things they wouldn't normally do when sober.

And this comment isn't speculation?

Mike
    No.

Is it really that difficult to understand this concept?

What is the point of this argument anyway? Are you trying to say that racial hatred had nothing to do with this and that because he was drunk this was not an act of terrorism? If so why?

Dumb things people do usually falls under the category of trying to jump across a ditch, not mass murder.
    Not as it pertains to the story being discussed. Look, I'm not giving the guy a pass. Just stating that drunk people do stupid things.

https://www.abqjournal.com/957545/neighbor-bar-attack-suspect-a-drunken-mess-not-political.html
    What is the point of this argument anyway? Are you trying to say that racial hatred had nothing to do with this and that because he was drunk this was not an act of terrorism? If so why?

Dumb things people do usually falls under the category of trying to jump across a ditch, not mass murder.

No. I was addressing this statement you made...

The reason is the guy was drunk and made a bad decision under the influence of alcohol. It's that simple.

Seriously people...this isn't that difficult to understand.
    Again how doe this make it any less an act of racial hatred and terrorism?
    Not as it pertains to the story being discussed. Look, I'm not giving the guy a pass. Just stating that drunk people do stupid things.

https://www.abqjournal.com/957545/neighbor-bar-attack-suspect-a-drunken-mess-not-political.html

Yeah that article is BS from some guy in denial.
    No. I was addressing this statement you made...

The reason is the guy was drunk and made a bad decision under the influence of alcohol. It's that simple.

Seriously people...this isn't that difficult to understand.

It is difficult because it's wrong..

Mike

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.