The LDS THread

2»

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,385 Senior Member
    This is true, but he was in the Venetian army, not Florentine.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,216 Senior Member
    Did anyone ever see the Southpark about Mormons?

Absolutely hilarious.

Heres a short clip

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/104253/joseph-smith-part-1

Apparently you can watch whole hting on Hulu, Season 7 Episode 12.

Also if you ever have the chance to go see the Book of Mormon I highly recommend. I was dying. Turns out even my Mormon neighbors (Hey elder Shawn, they are only two doors down if you need to commnicate with your people when you are in town) went and laughed, but unlike Elder Shawn they aren't the uppity LDSers.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,522 Senior Member
    They also don't like it when you call the church LSD. Just sayin'.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,867 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Also if you ever have the chance to go see the Book of Mormon I highly recommend. I was dying. Turns out even my Mormon neighbors (Hey elder Shawn, they are only two doors down if you need to commnicate with your people when you are in town) went and laughed, but unlike Elder Shawn they aren't the uppity LDSers.

Believe it or not it was very successful here.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Ha, that is great. Did you get to see it? I think it might come back here and I'd actually go again. It was pretty pricey but **** funny.
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member

The LDS are actually taking out ads in the playbill at a number of theatres.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,854 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Load up on diet coke too.

Mike

You just made the list, Mr. Canuck.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,801 Senior Member
    So Shawn Has Marie held up in the basement then

MARIE!!....if your reading this....blink twice

I will send a young operative to your locale to rescue you
    He'll knock at the rear door and say he's delivering Paper Roses---That's your Q---Steal the Penquins Jersey and run for it

Make your way to a riverbank in Nevada---find a campsite littered with Scotch bottles--cash them in and that will be your plane fare to freedom
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,867 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Ha, that is great. Did you get to see it? I think it might come back here and I'd actually go again. It was pretty pricey but **** funny.

No I hadn't had the chance.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,854 Senior Member
    The South Park episode is so money!
    So, a couple of years ago some friends were at a theater watching a movie (I wasn't there but this story is now legend in our USAF squadron) and they were playing trailers before the movie. There was a trailer for some cheesy Mormon movie and soon as it ended my friend piped up with considerable volume the South Park "Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.