National Security Council

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 4,776 Senior Member
Seems the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the Director of National Intelligence are out, unless there's something coming up that they need to advise on. What would the National Security Council discuss that they didn't need to advise on?

Further, with them out Bannon is in, with a seat for all meetings.

Thoughts on all this? It seems to be getting little press due to the travel restrictions. I wonder if it's because it doesn't matter, or if the travel restrictions are seen as more pressing?

Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,000 Senior Member
    There were a couple of comments in another thread. Trump may be backing down on this, at least Spicer appeared to be.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,014 Senior Member
    Seems the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the Director of National Intelligence are out, unless there's something coming up that they need to advise on. What would the National Security Council discuss that they didn't need to advise on?

Thoughts on all this? It seems to be getting little press due to the travel restrictions. I wonder if it's because it doesn't matter, or if the travel restrictions are seen as more pressing?

Oh, this is way, way more worrying than anything else during the first two weeks of the 20-Month Reich. It wouldn't be so worrisome if Bannon was present but having him there and the DNI and Joint Chiefs Chairman not is a yuge problem in my eyes.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,239 Senior Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6_bns0VsVkqKeQHfZZe0-ZqDACtwcb7KWnAGaYJmcDXfCtCAa
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,014 Senior Member

You spelled fuhrer wrong.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,776 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    You spelled fuhrer wrong.
    More like Goebbels...
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,093 Senior Member
    Fuhrer, fascists, blah, blah. Y'all are giving this clown show too much credit.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,974 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Fuhrer, fascists, blah, blah. Y'all are giving this clown show too much credit.

perhaps, but the people he has put in place, Bannon especially, fit the bill
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,093 Senior Member
    Seriously, this is a clown show. You guys should take your cue from CNN's Jake Tapper. He knows the score.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.