Buy Pesos, ...really

creekguycreekguy Senior MemberPosts: 3,905 Senior Member
Steer said the workforce would probably be drawn mostly from the Mexican side of the border as semi-skilled construction wages were much lower and there were more Mexican settlements close to the border. “There would be a certain irony of getting Mexicans to build it,” Steer said. “It would likely be a mixed labor force, but Mexicans would be much less expensive.”
The high cost of transporting the approximately 44 million cubic yards of concrete and 9 million tons of steel to the site is likely to lead builders to rely on mostly Mexican-owned cement and concrete plants.
Analysts at Bernstein investment bank plotted the location of nearby plants and quarries and found that the Mexican building company Cemex was best-positioned to provide materials on both sides of the border.
“As ludicrous as the Trump wall project sounds (to us at least), it represents a huge opportunity for those companies involved in its construction,” a Bernstein analyst said in a research report for investors. “Cemex appears best positioned regardless, with cement, RMX [ready mix concrete], and aggregates facilities throughout the border region.”
Shares in Cemex have risen by 130% over the past year and hit an eight-and-half year high on Wednesday as investors waited to hear the details of Trump’s wall-building plan.

The construction consultants Gleeds Worldwide said building a 1,000-mile wall – the border is 1,889 miles long but large parts are protected by natural barriers including mountains and the Rio Grande (huh?)– would cost $31 billion and take 40,000 people more than five years to construct.
Richard Steer, the Gleeds chairman, said the wall would be one the most difficult and expensive construction projects ever undertaken due to the difficulty of bringing so many heavy materials to remote regions.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/trumps-wall-mexican-construction-firms-likely-to-be-biggest-winners/ar-AAmePPp?li=BBnbfcL

Replies

• CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    I'm investing heavily in Mexican ladder manufacturers.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    Too high for ladders. I'm investing in Mexican Baby Catapult.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    Mexican tunneling equipment.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    Mexican Baby Vacuum Canister Tube.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    discount airfares from Aeromexico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8vDwiwlnmI
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Avacado Futures..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.