One SNL writer at a time LOL!

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 4,101 Senior Member
NBC won't comment on a "Saturday Night Live" writer's tweet that went after President Donald Trump's youngest son Barron, but a source with knowledge of the situation told Fox News the writer has been suspended indefinitely from the show.
Katie Rich said Friday in a now-deleted tweet that Barron Trump "will be this country's first homeschool shooter."

He's 10 years old you hateful witch!
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/01/23/nbc-wont-comment-on-snl-writers-controversial-barron-trump-tweet.html

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,559 Senior Member
    I saw that.

I have to admit it's pretty funny but, yeah, a 10-year old.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Children are definitely out of bounds..

Besides Daddy supplies more than enough material..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,899 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Children are definitely out of bounds..

Mike

I agree. I'd like to point out though, Obama's daughters took a lot of crap for 8 years. I didn't see any one saying kids were out of bounds then.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    I agree. I'd like to point out though, Obama's daughters took a lot of crap for 8 years. I didn't see any one saying kids were out of bounds then.
    SNL did a bit about them?
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Funny how the right had no problem with Chelsea Clinton being told she was ugly when the Clinton's were in the White House. And Goldie pointed out what the Obama girls went through.

So what I'm saying (not to you, Mike, but to the right in general) is: F*** off!

That being said, children should be completely out of bounds.
    "They go low, we go high" - Michelle Obama

No offence taken, Shawn

Mike
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    I was talking to Mike Akbar, not you, Canadian Mike 2.

I swear, we have like 12 active posters and 7 of them are named Mike. Get your **** together, guys!
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    SNL did a bit about them?

There was no "bit" about Trumps kid either. It was a Tweet from the SNL writer's account.
    Kids should be off limits, al the time. Regardless of party.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I was talking to Mike Akbar, not you, Canadian Mike 2.

I swear, we have like 12 active posters and 7 of them are named Mike. Get your **** together, guys!

Oh yeah, blame your little effup on us..

Mike
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,057 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »

Instead of Mike, I could go by my middle name. Lee.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Barbara and Jenna Bush. Neither side is lily white.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member
    "Any you ****'s call me Mike....And I killya"

(fore ya young-uns go off---See Stripes)
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,308 Senior Member
    Compared to Chelsea (harshest by far) and the Bush twins I thought the Obama girls got a whole heck of a lot of less attention by the press. I wouldn't say they got off scott free, but in comparison they were pretty hands off. I'd hope this trend continues with Trumps boy.
    jbilly wrote: »
    Compared to Chelsea (harshest by far) and the Bush twins I thought the Obama girls got a whole heck of a lot of less attention by the press. I wouldn't say they got off scott free, but in comparison they were pretty hands off. I'd hope this trend continues with Trumps boy.
    Yeah I don't recall much about the Obama girls.
    I think a lot of the problems come from free lancers-the paparazzi- not MSM..

Mike
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,271 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    NBC won't comment on a "Saturday Night Live" writer's tweet that went after President Donald Trump's youngest son Barron, but a source with knowledge of the situation told Fox News the writer has been suspended indefinitely from the show.
    Katie Rich said Friday in a now-deleted tweet that Barron Trump "will be this country's first homeschool shooter."

He's 10 years old you hateful witch!
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/01/23/nbc-wont-comment-on-snl-writers-controversial-barron-trump-tweet.html

Hey Snowflakes, this is more of a dis of Donald suggesting the kid might have to shoot him.

But it probably was not a wise move on her part.

Now go ahead and tell us your favorite Chelsea joke.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    rather than argue about which presidential kid got slammed the worst, or which deserved it: why don't we all applaud the fact that there is apparently at least one thing we can agree upon, and that is that presidential kids should be off-limits.

at least, until they become part of the administration. At which point all bets are off.

(hedging my bet because I wouldn't be surprised if The Donald decides to put the rest of his kids to work in the administration somewhere....)
    Maybe it is because my perspective is skewed, but I am less bothered by jokes than just mean spirited commentary.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,107 Senior Member
    rather than argue about which presidential kid got slammed the worst, or which deserved it: why don't we all applaud the fact that there is apparently at least one thing we can agree upon, and that is that presidential kids should be off-limits

At least one norm left. For now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.