Anybody watching the fights tonight?

StevenSteven Senior MemberPosts: 3,188 Senior Member
UFC 207
Nunes v. Rousey?

Replies

• SeaducerSeaducer Junior Member Posts: 36 Member
    will watch the prelims. In my opinion watching Rousey throw an arm bar is not worth $75. I like Nunes though I don't think she has enough ring time .Rousey for the arm bar or Nunes for a K.O.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,188 Senior Member
    I usually go to a UFC bar to watch the PPVs. My wife has a cold, though (she got it from me so I need to be sympathetic) so I might pay up.

I think that's general consensus. Question is whether Rousey can weather the initial storm.

I want to see if Rousey has anything besides the head and shoulders throw to land the takedown. Obviously, that didn't work against Holm.

Cruz outpoints Garbrandt. He owns TAM.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,565 Senior Member
    I'm not into UFC at all. It all seems like too much of a thuggish street fight. Prison yard stuff. But that is just me and I realize that it is extremely popular.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,171 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I'm not into UFC at all. It all seems like too much of a thuggish street fight. Prison yard stuff. But that is just me and I realize that it is extremely popular.

Mormons abhor violence.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Well, I hope you didn't pay for that..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,852 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »

Mike

No kidding. I remember when Mike Tyson knocked out Leon Spinks in less then a minute in the first round. I invited a bunch of friends, had all this food and paid something like $50 for the pay per view. Needless to say it was a waste of time and money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member
    Agreed. I had rather watch a Judo match.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,942 Senior Member
    No kidding. I remember when Mike Tyson knocked out Leon Spinks in less then a minute in the first round. I invited a bunch of friends, had all this food and paid something like $50 for the pay per view. Needless to say it was a waste of time and money.

That was the last time I ever bought a pay per view event.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,935 Senior Member
    ^^^This. Same goes for boxing.

Never understood why anyone would want to get in a ring and get the **** pounded out of themselves.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,431 Senior Member
    Never understood why anyone would want to get in a ring and get the **** pounded out of themselves.
    I agree, but Rousey made $3 million for that 48 seconds, so in her case, it was well worth it.
    ricinus wrote: »

Mike

No, went to Twin Peaks. Imagine Hooters crossed with Wisconsin fishing shack.
    The fact that it ended quickly wasn't surprising. Ronda was either going to get KTFO or Nunes was going to get arm-barred. There was no way this was going the distance.

Either Ronda retires or switches to a real gym.

Understanding what is happening on the ground makes it seem less homoerotic.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    No, went to Twin Peaks. Imagine Hooters crossed with Wisconsin fishing shack.

It sounds like the perfect place to watch the fights..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Yeah.

My wife doesn't think it appropriate...
    But it's either that or the Buffalo Wild Wings at the major shopping mall.
    CO Native wrote: »
    I agree, but Rousey made $3 million for that 48 seconds, so in her case, it was well worth it.

Right, $62,500 per second.

If I could only get that....lets just say last night instead of disappointment my wife would have been smiling for $562500. ;)
    Where's Buffy when you need him to do the math?
    Steven wrote: »
    Where's Buffy when you need him to do the math?

I'm pretty sure Buffy doesn't have that many fingers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.