Movie Reviews

StevenSteven Senior MemberPosts: 3,195 Senior Member
Hell or High Water: Not "No Country for Old Men" but still very good. It's more than worth the money and time.

Trainwreck: Actually quite funny, and I'm really not an Amy Schumer fan. Not sure why the reviews were so scathingly harsh. There's a lot worse out there, and "Trainwreck" did not suck.

Replies

• Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Hell or High Water: Not "No Country for Old Men" but still very good. It's more than worth the money and time.

Trainwreck: Actually quite funny, and I'm really not an Amy Schumer fan. Not sure why the reviews were so scathingly harsh. There's a lot worse out there, and "Trainwreck" did not suck.

I am sort of an Amy Schumer fan, so maybe biased, but yeah, Trainwreck was pretty good. She's not a terrific actor, but she's very funny and has a lot of on-screen charisma, so it sort of makes up for it.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I watched Boyhood this weekend... and really enjoyed it, but that much of that enjoyment was a function of how it got made.

And I'll third Trainwreck. Lebron was actually pretty good it in. I'm also a Schumer fan.

Side discussion: TV Shows.
    Powered through three seasons of "You're the Worst" the past few weeks. Very much enjoyed the show (hulu and FX on demand)... funny with interesting characters and some really well done portrayals of depression and PTSD, even in the context of a kind of screwball comedy.
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    I liked John Cena in Trainwreck.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,694 Senior Member
    Anyone seen Rogue One? English critics generally liked it, U.S. critics not so much.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    George K wrote: »
    Anyone seen Rogue One? English critics generally liked it, U.S. critics not so much.

I bet sherb saw the first showing all dressed up like a Jawa.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,947 Senior Member
    speaking of TV shows - anyone watch the man in the high castle?
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    tim_s wrote: »

I watched about 3/4 of season 1, and kind of got bored and punched out this past spring (or summer, it was a while ago). then of all people KY said that it actually gets good the last three or so episodes, so I watched one this past weekend. So I might be back in. Then I saw that season 2 is out (right?), and I questioned what I'm doing with my life.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,855 Senior Member
    I watched "Hell or High Water" this weekend. Pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »

all the Star Wars nerds on my facebook page seemed to give it positive reviews. Professional reviewers not so much, but apparently the faithful liked it a lot.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,590 Senior Member
    tim_s wrote: »

Yes. I started watching this several weeks ago. Really enjoying it.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,947 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Yes. I started watching this several weeks ago. Really enjoying it.

it's on my binge list for winter
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    Yeah, I recommend it. NO SPOILERS
    There are some occasional fluky plot holes (usually people meeting up in strange ways) and the timing of the show is sometimes really odd to me. For instance, it seems like an awful lot of the episodes take place in the course of a day or two but don't really seem that way. Nothing too serious. It is a cool premise and done really well.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,639 Senior Member
    Add the Fargo series to the winter watch list if you haven't already. Billy Bob Thornton is one diabolical SOB in this one!
    I am a BB Thornton fan. What outlet has Fargo, Mike?
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,639 Senior Member
    I think it's an FX show but Hulu has it. Worth the subscription just to get two seasons of Fargo. You'll love it.
    Thanks Mike!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.