Irony of Ironies

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 10,003 Senior Member
Hillary had more defecting Electors than did the Donald.

Election Day result: Trump: 306 Clinton: 232

Actual Electoral vote: Trump: 304 Clinton: 227

State Pledged to Voted for

Hawaii Clinton Bernie Sanders
Texas Trump Ron Paul
Texas Trump John Kasich
Washington Clinton Colin L. Powell
Washington Clinton Faith Spotted Eagle

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/12/19/us/elections/electoral-college-results.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,260 Senior Member
    Personally I think the electoral college thing was the wrong way to go. Just wondering how far into his administration can we begin impeachment?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,972 Senior Member
    Personally I think the electoral college thing was the wrong way to go. Just wondering how far into his administration can we begin impeachment?

For what pray tell???
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    For the answer to that, just review his campaign statements. Lots of impeachable stuff there if he actually did it. The question is, was it ALL B.S.?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,172 Senior Member
    Personally I think the electoral college thing was the wrong way to go

Why is that?
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,560 Senior Member
    There are chunks of unicorn in my morning stool.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    This is my America!!! This is my America!!!! Bunch o' crazy folks out there. Send this lady the crayons.

http://www.weau.com/content/news/Wisconsin-electors-gather-to-cast-presidential-votes-407418215.html
    Why is that?

The will of the people should be honored.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I think you and many others would be singing a different tune if the shoe were on the other foot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,558 Senior Member
    The will of California should be honored.

fixed for accuracy
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,556 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    fixed for accuracy

Exactly, WHO'S people? Hahah.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,095 Senior Member
    You guys are forgiven.

_93038871_trumpsmiling.jpg
    Today's headlines included news that Tim Cook had to send a letter to his employees stating the reasons why attended the tech summit with Trump last week.

Honestly, **** is up with Californians? Especially Northern Californians. NorCal has always been crazy left, but c'mon! The guy who runs the largest company in America (by market cap) has to basically explain why, even if he doesn't particularly like the guy, he thought it was necessary to meet with the next President?

Is there any common sense left?
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,003 Senior Member

Is there any common sense left?

Very little, on either side, on this board or anywhere else.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    George K wrote: »
    Very little, on either side, on this board or anywhere else.
    That's basically what Obama's wife told Oprah.... "no hope".
    Cheer up ol boy, everything gonna be jus fine.
    swizz wrote: »
    Oprah then told Obama's wife to look under her chair.

Obama advises Trump not to use executive orders so much... The irony is extra thick today.
    Obama did not issue as many as his predecessor.
    fixed for accuracy

Man you are a hateful little man. My point was that the electors should cast their votes as they were won in the election. Thus giving the election to Trump.
    Obama did not issue as many as his predecessor.

Who was also a major failure as POTUS.
    I think you and many others would be singing a different tune if the shoe were on the other foot.

Can you read? I did not think changing the results with the electoral college was the right way to go. I think that would have been clear considering what I was responding to. But you just had to overlay logic with your assumptions.
    Ronald Reagan issued 381, Obama 260.
    swizz wrote: »

Did you watch the interview, or did you read what Faux news said she said?
    Man you are a hateful little man. My point was that the electors should cast their votes as they were won in the election. Thus giving the election to Trump.

Now, now. Don't get so ****.

Maybe you should learn to write a little more clearly. It's quite easy to link reply #2 and reply #8, particularly when you write something vague like "the electoral college thing was the wrong way to go."
    Yes but you just had to assume the worst now didn't you?

Not if you were thinking what post number one was suggesting.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    Hillary had more defecting Electors than did the Donald.

This is slightly muddied due to the possibility that candidates that are unlikely to win the electoral college have a higher probability of faithless electors (i.e. you're guy's gonna lose... why not do a little showboating). Seems like that's been the case in recent presidential electoral colleges.
    Yes but you just had to assume the worst now didn't you?

Not if you were thinking what post number one was suggesting.

Sorry man. It's the way it read.
    Did you watch the interview, or did you read what Faux news said she said?
    I watched Oprah, I'm a male feminist.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,022 Senior Member
    FWIW, I understood the context of Chris' posts.
    By saying "the pectoral college was not the way to go." he clearly meant that it should not have been screwed with.

I do wonder if he will be impeached, forced to resign or just freakin' quit in the first year.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    By saying "the pectoral college was not the way to go."

Sherb got a PhD from Pectoral College.
    Hextall wrote: »
    Sherb got a PhD from Pectoral College.

Then he left us for lateral move.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.