Get used to it.

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 23,442 Senior Member
'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,945 Senior Member
    People will complain if you hang them with a new rope. All or nothing mentality.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    As an Independent registered voter, I apologize for your Hillary Clinton loss. I hope things get better for you and your team.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,442 Senior Member
    You really do not look at this stuff. Look at the graph from the bureau of labor statistics.

latest_numbers_CES3000000001_2006_2016_all_period_M11_data.gif
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    True, they all lie or at least exaggerate. That's the nature of politics.
    Aside that, I see some apples and oranges here. Trump is not even president yet for crikey sake. How many manufacturing jobs did Obama save while he was Pres Elect? Probably not a chart for that.
    This Carrier thing is more of a feel-good stunt anyway. Gives the media something to chew on aside the cabinet process. Keep chewin, for at least the next 4yrs.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,703 Senior Member
    swizz wrote: »
    True, they all lie or at least exaggerate. That's the nature of politics.
    Aside that, I see some apples and oranges here. Trump is not even president yet for crikey sake. How many manufacturing jobs did Obama save while he was Pres Elect? Probably not a chart for that.
    This Carrier thing is more of a feel-good stunt anyway. Gives the media something to chew on aside the cabinet process. Keep chewin, for at least the next 4yrs.

I've actually started to prefer the media chewing on Trump. It's alot more tolerable than all the sucking they've been doing the last 8 years.
    Jan 2010 11,460,000
    Nov 2016 12,260,000
    Difference 800,000

Now how much of that loss between Jan 2009 and Jan 2010 are due to Bush's recession is arguable. But there is no denying the trend.

Jan 2001 17,104,000
    Jan 2009 12,561,000
    Difference -4,543,000

Trump is slapping himself on the back for 1,100 and you guys are fawning over him. Problem is 400 of those jobs were never going anywhere. And all those jobs cost was $7,000,000.
    As usual you miss the point. Trump lies. Obama lies.

If you think it's limited to one party or politician you're delusional.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/12/obamas-record-on-manufacturing-jobs/

Wait I thought you voted for him because of his refreshing honesty?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,963 Senior Member
    Thanks Obamba for forcing thousands of people into involuntary part time hours.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2016/06/09/It-s-Time-Blame-Obamacare-Losing-So-Many-Full-Time-Jobs
    You do love your fake news don't you?

4 million jobs lost under the previous administration. By comparison part time is preferable.
    Yes. I'm sure those people love reduced hours and less money. It's what people in America strive for!

That and more safe spaces.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Better than no money at all, right?

BTW in case you missed it, I am calling that article a lie.

The article they claim to get their info from is far more balanced.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/960eaf25e931426b9a354fd19eca4ef2/us-hiring-falls-worst-5-years-rate-drops-47-pct

But you hang onto your fake news. BTW misquoting the work of another journalist is worse than plagiarism.

The labor force participation rate is essentially where it was under St Ronnie.

us-labor-force-participation-rate-us-labor-force-participation-rate_chartbuilder-51.png?w=640

And it's downward trend started under Bush.
    Thanks Obama for perpetuating the fake news.

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Thanks Obama for killing health insurance agent jobs.

Good.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,703 Senior Member
    You do love your fake news don't you?

It's obvious that he isn't getting his news from trustworthy sources like Brian Williams and Buzzfeed.

Here is what you are missing. Those jobs are never coming back. Thanks to the exchanges, Insurance companies just figured out that they can actually increase the number of clients without paying agents.
    Ha!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.