Home The Lodge

guys, we need to assess our fishing trips

JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
I feel like the current DTI (domestic tranquility index) is seriously flawed.

If my boss makes me go to Louisville KY, that should not count against my DTI.

Similarly, if I go fishing with my father in law and brother in law, that should not count against my DTI.

I award no points, and in fact am due to go on another trip this weekend.

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    This is voodoo DTI mathematics.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    clearly we need an algorithm. maths don't lie.
    I just ran this information through the model on 538, and somehow the results came back Clackacraft > Hyde. Again.
    If I were a vindictive person this sort of thing might result in you being left on the dock.

But I'm not, so I'll be there any minute.
    I'm going to take so many pictures of our adventure for another chronicle thread that these other twatclowns will so want to be our best friends.

Even though I have to wait until you get here, I can't wait!
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,039 Senior Member
    After a 7 year fishing drought, I have to say this has been a awesome year. I love the fishing here, and Shawn and Sherb made this a very memorable season.

Today I got out to the lower Provo to play with my Hardy. Streamer fishing is always tough, a lot of variables, but I got 3 missed strikes and as I was about to be content with that, I gave myself one more cast and wap, I got nice brownie to the net. Making it yet another awesome day.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Good job, Chris.
    We will have to hit the browns during the spawn soon.

I bought new skis today, thus ensuring comfortable fishing weather through the winter.

#FML

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,814 Senior Member
    So Chris you enjoyed fishing with Sherb and Shawn. Does that mean you didn't enjoy fishing with Hex. It seems odd he wasn't included in your post.
    After a 7 year fishing drought, I have to say this has been a awesome year. I love the fishing here, and Shawn and Sherb made this a very memorable season.

Today I got out to the lower Provo to play with my Hardy. Streamer fishing is always tough, a lot of variables, but I got 3 missed strikes and as I was about to be content with that, I gave myself one more cast and wap, I got nice brownie to the net. Making it yet another awesome day.

Good stuff right here.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,039 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    So Chris you enjoyed fishing with Sherb and Shawn. Does that mean you didn't enjoy fishing with Hex. It seems odd he wasn't included in your post.

I actually have fished with Hex and it was good time.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 2,001 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »

I bought new skis today, thus ensuring comfortable fishing weather through the winter.
    Haha - that is fact right there.

Fishing with Sherb is always memorable. We even lost people when I fished with him.
  • DeadbaitDeadbait Member Posts: 85 Member
    CO Native wrote: »
    Fishing with Sherb is always memorable. We even lost people when I fished with him.

It was only 2 Mexicans and a Lucky Charms leprechaun. No harm, no foul.
    One of the great trips of my life.
    Man, that was a fun time, wasn't it.

[also I was a soldier in the Marines!]

Edit: Sorry, I ruin everything.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 4,726 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    I feel like the current DTI (domestic tranquility index) is seriously flawed.

If my boss makes me go to Louisville KY, that should not count against my DTI.

Similarly, if I go fishing with my father in law and brother in law, that should not count against my DTI.

Clearly, you don't understand how the DTI is calculated.

You had to go to Louisville = O
    You had fun in Louisville = -.5

You went fishing with your wife's dad and brother = .8
    You had fun fishing with your wife's dad and brother = -.5

You're male = -.5 (you start in the hole).

So, you're at a negative -.7. That's not very good.
    This is definitely not the algorithm I was looking for. The X and Y axes are all wrong. This is wrong.

What happened to the wives? when you're dating its all good. "Sure, yeah, go fishing. I love it that you have hobbies!"

These material misrepresentations at the beginning of relationships are why we have Trump. Thanks ladies.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    You have to be more annoying around the house.

Me: I could go fishing, I guess.

Wife: I don't care what you do, just get out from under foot..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 2,001 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    You have to be more annoying around the house.

Me: I could go fishing, I guess.

Wife: I don't care what you do, just get out from under foot..

Mike

I tried that with the first wife. Nuff said about that tact - haha.
    sherb wrote: »

These material misrepresentations at the beginning of relationships are why we have Trump. Thanks ladies.

It's why I have wife #2.

It's why I have wife #2.

:confused: They keep each other entertained so you don't have to?
    Steven wrote: »
    :confused: They keep each other entertained so you don't have to?

Ha, If I was Mormon, I could probably get away with that!
    21 years ago I told my soon to be wife to remember that into the future. She has held to it to this day. Trout fishing, biking, ice fishing and grouse hunting...I have some outdoor hobby going at all times of the year.

I also made that pretty clear with my first wife. It didn't last too long before there was complaining about too much fishing and skiing.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,814 Senior Member
    It's why I have wife #2.

Polygamy for the win
    jbilly wrote: »
    Polygamy for the win

You are, like, totally, off my secular holiday card list!!!
    Ha, If I was Mormon, I could probably get away with that!

The way that was worded, I was kind of wondering...
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,159 Senior Member
    I'm just back from five days in Ambergris Caye, Belize, three of them fishing. The weather sucked - high wind, much rain and little sun made sight fishing difficult at best. I saw two tarpon, my goal species, but never got close enough to cast. But I caught more than a dozen bones plus assorted lady fish, snappers, jacks, a small barracuda and something called a leather fish that the guide released without touching, using pliers, because the fin's spines carry a toxin. We stayed at a first class fishing resort, El Pescador, so we weren't exactly roughing it except for the brackish water showers.

It was fun, but it's good to be home. At 72, with bad knees and a bad back (thanks LBJ, for giving me the opportunity to jump out of trucks and helicopters for a year or so) I'm not sure I want to spend a lot more time standing in the bow of a flats skiff for hours on end. This may have been my tropics-fishing swan song. If I ever do get a tarpon it's going to be on a one-day trip while visiting relatives or friends in Florida.
    "...this low-rent Lear raging on his Twitter-heath has proven that the phrase malignant buffoon is not an oxymoron..."

George Will
    George K wrote: »
    I'm just back from five days in Ambergris Caye, Belize, three of them fishing. The weather sucked - high wind, much rain and little sun made sight fishing difficult at best. I saw two tarpon, my goal species, but never got close enough to cast. But I caught more than a dozen bones plus assorted lady fish, snappers, jacks, a small barracuda and something called a leather fish that the guide released without touching, using pliers, because the fin's spines carry a toxin. We stayed at a first class fishing resort, El Pescador, so we weren't exactly roughing it except for the brackish water showers.

It was fun, but it's good to be home. At 72, with bad knees and a bad back (thanks LBJ, for giving me the opportunity to jump out of trucks and helicopters for a year or so) I'm not sure I want to spend a lot more time standing in the bow of a flats skiff for hours on end. This may have been my tropics-fishing swan song. If I ever do get a tarpon it's going to be on a one-day trip while visiting relatives or friends in Florida.

Best vacation of my life. Spent it with my girlfriend, now wife. Fished out of Victoria House with Roberto Bradley (something I discovered I had in common with BD).
    You guys need a deeper wife well if you can hear her complain.
    Hextall wrote: »
    You guys need a deeper wife well if you can hear her complain.

If its too deep I can't reach her with the hose.

Tradeoffs and all, ya know?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »

It's a **** getting old George, but the alternative really sucks..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement