Home The Lodge

Oh for freak's sake...

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    He's the only one guaranteed to keep them supplied with fresh material daily.

It's just adorable how you seem to think he'll go away on November 9th.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 5,802 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    yeah, that's the official version.

You understand she didn't actually "resign," right?

Of course I do. But, why wasn't she fired? I'm not sure if any laws were broken here, but this certainly put a big stain on the credibility of CNN (as if there ever was any). This is a presidential debate that CNN hosted, and she helped rig it for Clinton! FIRE HER ****!
    Hextall wrote: »
    Which news media sources do you consider not blatantly biased? Mainstream or not. I'm curious where you're getting your unbiased and unfiltered news.

Ok let's start with the largest media outlet (that isn't a media outlet....) ever known to humankind. Facebook.
    You get your unbiased news from Facebook?
    It's just adorable how you seem to think he'll go away on November 9th.

I'm pretty sure that until someone comes in and stops our jobs and money from going overseas, the movement he tapped into will only continue to grow. There really is no other choice.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    Mike, I don't know why you get your panties in such a wad about the media anyway. Media bias exists. Full stop. I don't just accept it, I prefer it. That's why I normally stick to opinion journalism. You know what you're getting.
    You get your unbiased news from Facebook?

No I am trying to get through this before I go home and mis read the question. I though you were asking for a biased media example.

I read everything daily from Salon to Breitbart trying to find some truth or a middle ground between them.
    Mike, I don't know why you get your panties in such a wad about the media anyway. Media bias exists. Full stop. I don't just accept it, I prefer it. That's why I normally stick to opinion journalism. You know what you're getting.

I just think its funny that the left is accusing the Russians (without any proof) of trying to swing the election while, totally ignoring and denying the media basis that's trying to swing it right here in our own country.
    I read everything daily from Salon to Breitbart trying to find some truth or a middle ground between them.

So, there's no unbiased media? You have to subjectively unbias the information you procure yourself?
    I just think its funny that the left is accusing the Russians (without any proof) of trying to swing the election while, totally ignoring and denying the media basis that's trying to swing it right here in our own country.

I don't know about that.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/09/julian-assange-is-a-russian-front-man-not-a-freedom-fighter/

Trigger warning: biased media.
    So, there's no unbiased media? You have to subjectively unbias the information you procure yourself?

That's pretty much the way it's been since the election started, yes.
    That's pretty much the way it's been since the election started, yes.

Where did you get your unbiased information from before the election started?
    I've always tried to be somewhat diverse in my news preferences but I mostly relied on Google news. I don't have TV anymore so I depend on the web for all my news.
    but I mostly relied on Google news

A service that aggregates other articles using an algorithm to show you the stories that you the user is most likely to click on. As an unbiased source.

Oh my.
    A service that aggregates other articles using an algorithm to show you the stories that you the user is most likely to click on. As an unbiased source.

Oh my.

That's what you would think, right?
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/06/10/google-says-search-isnt-biased-toward-hillary-clinton/85725014/
    Well, I've gota go pass out some high fructose treats to the neighborhood children. See you all next time.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,082 Senior Member
    Another leaked email has emerged showing Democratic National Committee boss and former CNN contributor Donna Brazile sharing a debate question in advance with the Hillary Clinton campaign -- despite Brazile's persistent claims to the contrary.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/31/new-email-shows-dnc-boss-giving-clinton-camp-debate-question-in-advance.html

The US MSM was working overtime to sway this election to a pathological liar, and that's supposed to be ok I guess? Who will they blame now for Weiner's leaked emails?

Do you really believe she would have had access to those questions? More likely she knew someone was going to be asking that question through other sources. She does not deny that she works to give the people she supports an advantage. Also if you were not prepped by your debate team to answer that question without knowing it was coming in advance, they should all be fired.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/joint-statement-department-homeland-security-and-office-director-national
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    The real mo euphemism for the "F word" is "fetch." As in fetching Democrats!

So **** gay...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Even if they are behind it, Trump isn’t. He’s just using the information to weaken his opponent. Don’t even pretend the DNC wouldn’t be all over this had the shoe been on the other foot. We all know better.
    2. You would think that if anybody would know, a former secretary of state running for POTUS would know the Russians have the capability to hack personal servers. Right?
    Do you really believe she would have had access to those questions? More likely she knew someone was going to be asking that question through other sources. She does not deny that she works to give the people she supports an advantage. Also if you were not prepped by your debate team to answer that question without knowing it was coming in advance, they should all be fired.

I thought it had already been established that she did have access to them Chris.... I didn't know that was even up for discussion anymore.
    Another leaked email has emerged showing Democratic National Committee boss and former CNN contributor Donna Brazile sharing a debate question in advance with the Hillary Clinton campaign -- despite Brazile's persistent claims to the contrary.

Let's dive into this nefarious act of chicanery a little deeper. Brazile gave Clinton a question prior to her debate with Bernie. That question was about what the candidates would do about the poisoned water in Flint, MI. The debate took place in Flint.

Does anyone really think that Clinton (and Sanders) debate preparation wouldn't include a response regarding the water in Flint Michigan, regardless of if her team got this email?

Brazile is a moron for doing this, and she's paying the price, effectively fired from her pundit job, likely unhirable by the DNC (but who knows). But if this is an example how the DNC tipped the scales towards Clinton, it's not very effective. She also lost Michigan to Sanders.

It's like sneaking a question to Trump about his **** grabbing.
    I thought it had already been established that she did have access to them Chris.... I didn't know that was even up for discussion anymore.

Why would she have access? She is a pundit, not a reporter. She says she didn't by the way and no one at CNN has disputed that as far as I am aware.
    1. Even if they are behind it, Trump isn’t. He’s just using the information to weaken his opponent. Don’t even pretend the DNC wouldn’t be all over this had the shoe been on the other foot. We all know better.
    2. You would think that if anybody would know, a former secretary of state running for POTUS would know the Russians have the capability to hack personal servers. Right?

Here is the funny thing about your snark, the Russians did hack State Dept servers, so in fact her emails were safer on her own.
    But this is just like the Clintons. Its not enough to win. They have to run up the score. The Clinton's are sore winners. They are like the 8 man football team that wins 50-0 and then refuses to shake the other team's hand.

I listened to a podcast last week featuring a debate between Sam Harris, the Neuroscientist and Atheist, and Andrew Sullivan, former editor of TNR, and a writer for the Atlantic, the Daily beast, New York Mag, and of course he had his own site. Both are Hillary supporters, so ostensibly they are there to talk about Trump's unique badness, but the first 15 minutes was spent talking about Hillary. Sullivan related that when he was the editor at TNR, Sid Blumenthal had been caught faxing stories to the [Bill] Clinton campaign for approval.

This is just who they are. That's what the full court press on Comey is about. Its not enough to win. They have to win dirty.
    Sullivan is supporting Hillary grudgingly. He is a long time Clinton hater.

Remember when W, actually had reporters on the payroll?
    I listened to a podcast

What podcast is this?

I'm listening to Keepin' it 1600... it leans heavily left (it's hosted by former Hillary and Obama campaign employees), but they'll have a good collection of right leaning guests. It does have one guest/host that comes on often that just sucks balls though.
    Let's dive into this nefarious act of chicanery a little deeper. Brazile gave Clinton a question prior to her debate with Bernie. That question was about what the candidates would do about the poisoned water in Flint, MI. The debate took place in Flint.

Does anyone really think that Clinton (and Sanders) debate preparation wouldn't include a response regarding the water in Flint Michigan, regardless of if her team got this email?

Brazile is a moron for doing this, and she's paying the price, effectively fired from her pundit job, likely unhirable by the DNC (but who knows). But if this is an example how the DNC tipped the scales towards Clinton, it's not very effective. She also lost Michigan to Sanders.

It's like sneaking a question to Trump about his **** grabbing.

I would like to think that anyone running for POTUS who had someone in their inner circle come to them with that kind of info, would alert the moderators. If it were me, for one I would be scared that it might come out later that I was given the info…. Second I would want to win the debate fairly, you know integrity. I realize it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's just another chip away at her lack of character and good judgment. It’s a glimpse into how she runs, and will run her admin…
    Both of them are all in for Hillary, because the alternative is the Donald. That's how bad he is. He turned Andrew Sullivan into a Clinton supporter.

But don't take my word for it.

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/the-lesser-evil
    I would like to think that anyone running for POTUS who had someone in their inner circle come to them with that kind of info,

Except you have no idea at all whether that information was passed to her. Like I said, this particular question was so obviously going to be asked at this particular debate, I am skeptical that she was even informed that Brazile passed it along.

If the Clinton team went to the moderators and said, "Hey, we were told there'd be a question about the Flint water crisis" the moderators would say, "duh."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement