Home The Lodge

Oh for freak's sake...

Replies

• CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 346 Senior Member
    If it goes down 25%+ I may consider buying a place in Florida.
    I can get across the wall I'm as honky as they come.
    Another compelling reason for a Donald victory- won't the next 4 years be interesting? I mean, really really interesting.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    Cuddy wrote: »
    Another compelling reason for a Donald victory- won't the next 4 years be interesting? I mean, really really interesting.

Assuming he doesn't turn some Baltic locale into glass, sure.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member

It'll be a cross between The Road and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
    But in all seriousness- do you guys think that this latest nonsense with the FBI is going to change peoples minds? As somebody who really only gets the info from talking heads on CNN and Facebook, I'm curious what are everyday Americans thinking?
    Is is so late into this shitshow that people just don't care anymore, and want it to be over already? I mean, your election cycle is mind-numbingly long. It horrible for everybody.
    do you guys think that this latest nonsense with the FBI is going to change peoples minds?

Not significantly. Maybe it'll change some republicans that were not going to vote or vote 3rd party to now lean Trump (although I believe this was predicted to happen prior to Comey's letter).

Virtually everyone that is going to vote next week has already made up their mind and the "information" regarding these emails on the Weiner's computer is unlikely to be the grain of sand to tip any scales.
    I'm curious what are everyday Americans thinking?
    We're all thinking on how to stay out of the kids' candy.
    I don't think it changes the outcome. I simply don't see a path to victory for Trump, not when Utah, Texas. North Carolina, etc, are considered toss ups.

Which begs the question: why the scorched earth campaign by Hillary's campaign surrogates? A more benign "we applaud the director for being thorough and bringing this matter to Congress. We have no doubt this will also not result in any charges" would have ended this thing already. Instead, Hillary's people are keeping it front and center. I mean, who cares what Trump says about it? He says crazy stuff all day every day.
    sherb wrote: »
    A more benign "we applaud the director for being thorough and bringing this matter to Congress. We have no doubt this will also not result in any charges" would have ended this thing already.

Oh... sweet sweet naive sherb. Give me your hand and I'll lead you through this world.
    So you're saying my dreams of an early retirement in Fort Lauderdale are just that...dreams?
    Hextall wrote: »
    Oh... sweet sweet naive sherb. Give me your hand and I'll lead you through this world.

I'm telling you . . .Clinton's people are making this way worse than it needs to be.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,258 Senior Member
    I don't think it changes the outcome. I simply don't see a path to victory for Trump, not when Utah, Texas. North Carolina, etc, are considered toss ups.

Which begs the question: why the scorched earth campaign by Hillary's campaign surrogates? A more benign "we applaud the director for being thorough and bringing this matter to Congress. We have no doubt this will also not result in any charges" would have ended this thing already. Instead, Hillary's people are keeping it front and center. I mean, who cares what Trump says about it? He says crazy stuff all day every day.

This all looks like the FBI prefers a Trump presidency. WHAT? I can only think it comes from a long held hate for the name of Clinton, probably well earned. But the combo of a Trump as president and a compliant FBI makes for immediate nightmares, and I mean Kafkaesque nightmares.
    But the Clinton troops might NOT want to advertise that the FBI has that preference, because there are those who respect the FBI more than any politician.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 5,803 Senior Member
    Another leaked email has emerged showing Democratic National Committee boss and former CNN contributor Donna Brazile sharing a debate question in advance with the Hillary Clinton campaign -- despite Brazile's persistent claims to the contrary.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/31/new-email-shows-dnc-boss-giving-clinton-camp-debate-question-in-advance.html

The US MSM was working overtime to sway this election to a pathological liar, and that's supposed to be ok I guess? Who will they blame now for Weiner's leaked emails?
    MikeA wrote: »
    The US MSM was working overtime to sway this election to a pathological liar, and that's supposed to be ok I guess?

The windmill, it needs tilting!
    Another leaked email has emerged showing Democratic National Committee boss and former CNN contributor Donna Brazile sharing a debate question in advance with the Hillary Clinton campaign -- despite Brazile's persistent claims to the contrary.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/31/new-email-shows-dnc-boss-giving-clinton-camp-debate-question-in-advance.html

The US MSM was working overtime to sway this election to a pathological liar, and that's supposed to be ok I guess? Who will they blame now for Weiner's leaked emails?

CNN fired Brazile, so...

Plenty of media bias, but this isn't a great example.
    Who will they blame now for Weiner's leaked emails?

What leaked emails? Are you making stuff up? I think you're making stuff up.
    I'm just spitballing here and whatnot, but can we change the title of this thread to something that doesn't sound like a Mormon sewing circle?
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,076 Senior Member
    I agree with Sherb that the Clinton campaign should have stopped talking after saying "the FBI should tell Americans all that it knows about the new emails." Sometimes less is more.

The Donna Brazile thing is ridiculous. As far as I am concerned she should be ostracized by the media and any and all political institutions.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 4,790 Senior Member
    I agree with Sherb that the Clinton campaign should have stopped talking after saying "the FBI should tell Americans all that it knows about the new emails." Sometimes less is more.

The problem is that there are 650,000 emails they have to go through, and Huma says she doesn't even know they were there.

****?
    She resigned from CNN according to the article.

Hex, I meant the emails that have been discovered on Weiner’s laptop. The Weiner hasn't spilled yet. When they come to light will they still blame Putin? Also, surely you don’t doubt the MSM’s blatant bias this election?

Why should Brazile be ostracized and not Clinton who received the questions prior to the debate?
    The way it's going, maybe Obama will get serve another term like the far right predicted all along... Hell, it might be the best solution..
    Also, surely you don’t doubt the MSM’s blatant bias this election?

Once anyone characterizes the 4th estate as the "MSM", I consider that person to have the political acumen of an eggplant.

But to get to your question, I don't believe there's a concerted effort the "MSM", whatever entities you are grouping together, to sway the election towards Clinton. They have one goal and one goal only... to get eyeballs on their product. It's tabloid journalism.
    Also, surely you don’t doubt the MSM’s blatant bias this election?

Which news media sources do you consider not blatantly biased? Mainstream or not. I'm curious where you're getting your unbiased and unfiltered news.
    She resigned from CNN according to the article.

yeah, that's the official version.

You understand she didn't actually "resign," right?
    If Hillary was really a corrupt and murderous monster, then why is Anthony Weiner still drawing breaths?

Think about it sheeple! Don't let MSM fool you! Here's my pamphlet.
    If Hillary was really a corrupt and murderous monster, then why is Anthony Weiner still drawing breaths?

Stolen from Twitter. By you and literally everyone else.
    Stolen from Twitter. By you and literally everyone else.

That's because twitter and I are the MSM.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 4,790 Senior Member
    She already faked Vince Foster's suicide. You can't keep going back to the well.
    Once anyone characterizes the 4th estate as the "MSM", I consider that person to have the political acumen of an eggplant.

But to get to your question, I don't believe there's a concerted effort the "MSM", whatever entities you are grouping together, to sway the election towards Clinton. They have one goal and one goal only... to get eyeballs on their product. It's tabloid journalism.

If they have one goal and one goal only... to get eyeballs on their product, they would be endorsing Trump. He's the only one guaranteed to keep them supplied with fresh material daily.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement