Home The Lodge

Since voter fraud doesn't happen....

2»

Replies

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,017 Senior Member
    Here's hoping you lose your wallet on November 7th.

But jst like those commuting fraud all of the above are statistically irrevelvant right? Or does that not go both ways.

As for my wallet. No worries there. I vote by mail and no ID is required which is totally stupid. Again except the honor system there is nothing stopping me from filling out my wife's ballot and sending it in too. But that would be statistically irreverent so no worries.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,555 Senior Member
    People's rights are not statistically irrelevant. Is that a confession?
    Around 600,000 registered Texas voters don’t have one of the limited forms of ID that the law allows, according to evidence presented in the legal challenge to the law, which was brought by civil rights groups and the Justice Department. The state did almost nothing to challenge that assessment. That means there’s no doubt whatsoever that the law disenfranchised legitimate voters. MSNBC met with several of them last week.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    But jst like those commuting fraud all of the above are statistically irrevelvant right? Or does that not go both ways.

You're kidding right?
    No American should be disenfranchised one of their invioable rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    You guys are so ridiculous and apocalyptic. It's mass disenfranchisement! Its the end of the world!

No, just produce an ID. Then, vote.

And I'm not at all fooled by these crocodile tears regarding the GOP's motives. You have political reasons of your own for objecting to the Identification requirements.
    We're apocalyptic? 6 people commit fraud and it is the end of democracy. Where is a woman that was born to a mid-wife supposed to get an ID?

Actually my political reasons are simple, people should be allowed to vote. Not to mention most of these laws also end up taking away early voting as well. So how does that prevent fraud?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »

No, just produce an ID. Then, vote.

So if you lose your DL the day before the election you are ok with not voting?

What if a WWII combat vet gets screwed out of voting because he doesn't have a driver's license/state issued ID? Are you ok with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Who would have thought a conservative like sherb is for more unneeded bureaucracy?
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I'm not. I'm just saying the requirement to produce an ID doesn't spell doom for the Republic.
    Neither does having 6 people voting illegally. However, I would side on honoring the rights of our citizens. Which btw unless those ID's are free is a de facto poll tax.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,570 Senior Member
    Barcode tattoos would easily solve this problem. I've been suggesting this for years!
    All of your Trout are belong to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement