Home The Lodge

Did I pull off ONE of the greatest maneuvers of married men...

HextallHextall Senior MemberPosts: 9,520 Senior Member
or the greatest ever?

here's the information you need to know:
- Yesterday was my wife's birthday (but she had to work)
- Wednesday, I realized that I didn't have anything pressing at work that couldn't wait until today*
- I worked in NYC through the weekend a couple weeks ago
- My current timesheet period ends today, and I already had enough hours to be fully billable on Wednesday (and then some).
- My employer has unofficial comp time... get your work done, and if you are ahead in billability, feel free to skip out for a day without needing to use a vacation/sick/floating holiday

So, taking all that information together, I went fishing yesterday, then had a great barbecue lunch, then went for a mountain bike ride. I was planning on making dinner last night for Mrs. Hextall's b-day, but Mrs. Hextall and our spawn are doing the NH Ice Cream Trail... visit 50 participating ice cream shops in the summer/fall, and last night they went to the 50th ice cream shop (diabetes, here they come!). I went with them, and instead of an ice cream got this instead and I don't regret it at all as it was most delicious:

185x235_SoftDrink_ShirleyTemple.png

So, after ice cream, it was kind of late, so Mrs. Hextall suggested going out to dinner instead, and without thinking about options, we went to Texas Roadhouse. I got the filet medallions, which were delicious. My wife got some kind of chicken and mushroom meal, and I just had the leftovers and they were really good too.

So to recap:
On my wife's birthday, I went fishing, mountain biking, got out of cooking dinner, had a delicious soda, and didn't have to cook dinner.

I feel that nothing could beat my day yesterday. So much so, I no longer care if Trump becomes president, as yesterday was so great, my future time here will be a long downhill slog towards the eternal darkness of nothingness.

Footnotes:
* Note, that Trump's twitter circus is putting a roadblock in my efficiency today

Replies

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement