Home The Lodge

I feel like I now have to start fishing in a tweed jacket and vest.

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 25,960 Senior Member
I just bought myself a reel from the House of Hardy to go with my 6 wt rod from that same noble house.

I guess I also have to start smoking a pipe and drinking whiskey without ice. Harrumph.

Anyone know what channel I can watch to view the Polo Matches?
'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Replies

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Remember, always upstream to a rising fish.

Nothing sounds like a Hardy..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 11,236 Senior Member
    Very nice. Which one?

I have a JLH Ultralite 234.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,960 Senior Member
    Ultralite 6000 Mid Arbor DD
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    The rod is a Shadow 9' 6wt
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 11,236 Senior Member
    Very nice. Congrats.
    14440693_10210661920999960_6794958322707851601_n.jpg?oh=ddc33cd40fbc78e5ef31f6198da33a42&oe=5879A649

14449763_10210661805957084_1950285432453100016_n.jpg?oh=eddbf2c83bcc16ea9469d46fc44ee65e&oe=586B10D6
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    That's a pretty speckled catfish you got there..
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Streamers?
    Catch many?
    That is a fine cutthroat, good sir!
    I hope you are resting in front of the fire in your best smoking jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Well fellas, it looks like at least one of us still has a life.

<frantically scrolls between debate and twitter>
    I am having a root beer from a snifter.

Caught him on a white crystal ****.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,507 Senior Member
    Are you dating the Hardy Girl?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Are you dating the Hardy Girl?

She was hot for Comic but he dumped her because she fishes too much.
  • Shawn C. wrote: »
    She was hot for Comic but he dumped her because she fishes too much.

Lol.

You had to be there to witness this atrocity.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Lol.

Oh, some of us were there. Or near there. Waiting and waiting.
    sherb wrote: »
    Lol.

What can I say, I have standards. I am a city boy at heart.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement