FishTXFishTX Super ModeratorPosts: 8,407 Senior Member
Finally got around to shooting a roll.

28068021740_ae42632002_b.jpg

28359725291_e563a6d3e6_z.jpg

28333591762_3a93ba8dd6_z.jpg

28333593992_3ca716feaa_b.jpg

And one digital for contrast.

27410858654_daa9e3a569_b.jpg
"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,524 Senior Member
    Nice. So what camera/lens did you get?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    That's a nice looking Prius.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,407 Senior Member
    Pentax 645. The original manual focus version. The lens is a 75mm-f2.8. Field of view like a 50mm on a 35mm (digital full frame). Magnification of a 75mm and the same ability for a shallow depth of field (if I want it) as that focal length on a 35mm. That was the reason for getting it. When I need or want it, maintain a fairly shallow DoF while including a fair amount of area in the frame.

I also have the 200mm-f4, but I have not used it.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Hextall wrote: »
    That's a nice looking Prius.

Thanks. It uses gas, but in economy mode, the children get out a push.

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I bet that could pull a whole trailer loaded with dumb sea cucumbers and their books.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,261 Senior Member
    CooooooLL......
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,524 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Pentax 645. The original manual focus version. The lens is a 75mm-f2.8. Field of view like a 50mm on a 35mm (digital full frame). Magnification of a 75mm and the same ability for a shallow depth of field (if I want it) as that focal length on a 35mm. That was the reason for getting it. When I need or want it, maintain a fairly shallow DoF while including a fair amount of area in the frame.

I also have the 200mm-f4, but I have not used it.

Recently I bought an old 35mm Minolta film SLR with an excellent 50mm Minolta multicoated f1.4 lens. When used with an adaptor on my Lumix G7 M4/3 body it becomes a 100mm equivalent f1.4 manual focus lens. It's a very sharp lens with great great bokeh for portraits and other applications.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Cool. I use old lenses on Lumix GF2, my canon dSLRs and my Olympus 4/3. It is great way to get and use fast lenses for little money. An old Olympus 100mm f2.8 cost me about $50 plus shipping. The modern equivalent for my Canon cameras would run $600 to $900.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement