I would go one step further than voter ID laws

12346»

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,029 Senior Member
    Well to be honest sometimes I want to hit people in the gut. But I find their position fully unpatriotic.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,480 Senior Member
    God are you dense or what? Yes requiring ID probably does suppress enrollment in the ACA. But who cares? I already said this once. It is not a right voting is. It is a right that people fought and died for, just so people like you could spit on their graves.
    No. Not dense. Just wanted to see if you would acknowledge that ID requirements are suppressing ACA/Medicaid enrollees. You did. Good work.

But why don't you care that ID requirements suppress Medicaid/ACA people?
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,422 Senior Member
    Spare me you looked for that article because you were thinking it made the Dems look bad.

God you are a pompous ****. I actually saw both of these several days ago and actually didn't feel the need to bring them up until your constant railing. You pretend to want to have a debate but when others bring up a point you don't want to hear about it. Get over yourself
    Well to be honest sometimes I want to hit people in the gut. But I find their position fully unpatriotic.

Unpatriotic? Hell I'm not opposed to any citizen who is 18 years old or more voting at all and I don't believe there is a single con here who would disagree with that. I don't have a problem with a veteran showing a military ID, that's great. I don't know why there is a belief we want to disenfranchise anyone, I certainly don't. You want to vote dem, knock yourself out. You want to vote for a guy because he is white, black purple, then that's your right. You want to vote for a woman because she is female, be my guest. Frankly I will never understand how it is a burden that people can't show ID. Are there problems with folks getting an ID, sure I am not saying there aren't. I think it is pretty interesting though how it is never a problem until election time. If anyone can't vote because they don't have an ID they have a whole year to get it taken care of. It isn't a burden to prove who you are, hell we all do it every **** day of the year.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I also cannot believe that the cons here (le Sherb excepted) cannot bring themselves to say what the core of the issue is. I don't think it is intellectual dishonesty, it is some something deeper. Denial, perhaps? At any rate, the lack of comprehension is almost as disturbing as the concept itself.

Shawn,
    I'm not sure exactly what you are after. As I stated I myself am not trying to keep minorities from voting. I don't care if you are black, white, an inbreed redneck, whatever, I fail to see how it is such an intrusion, burden, etc. to ask someone to show that they are eligible to vote.

Do I want illegals to vote, $%^* no. Do I realize that the majority of them if allowed to vote would vote dem, absolutely. It is a democracy, I don't have to like it if others disagree, but hey that's life. If people who are legally given that right to vote, than by all means vote for a dem. Losing is part of a democracy. I don't want one side to be in control all the time. If you are 18 a citizen and registered than knock yourself out.

Frankly I don't know what else can be said
    joekrz wrote: »
    No. Not dense. Just wanted to see if you would acknowledge that ID requirements are suppressing ACA/Medicaid enrollees. You did. Good work.

But why don't you care that ID requirements suppress Medicaid/ACA people?

Because it is not a right. For the umpteenth
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    jbilly wrote: »
    God you are a pompous ****. I actually saw both of these several days ago and actually didn't feel the need to bring them up until your constant railing. You pretend to want to have a debate but when others bring up a point you don't want to hear about it. Get over yourself

Bull crap. You brought it up because you thought by party affiliation you would pin me in a corner.
    jbilly wrote: »
    Frankly I will never understand how it is a burden that people can't show ID. Are there problems with folks getting an ID, sure I am not saying there aren't. I think it is pretty interesting though how it is never a problem until election time. If anyone can't vote because they don't have an ID they have a whole year to get it taken care of. It isn't a burden to prove who you are, hell we all do it every **** day of the year.

Well I don't know what to tell you, because we have shown countless examples exactly why that is true. Why should an expiration date matter if you want all eligible voters to have the right to vote?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,480 Senior Member
    Because it is not a right. For the umpteenth

For the umpteenth...I was discussing suppression. Not rights or guns.

;):cool::D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    We should have national ID cards, just like most other developed countries.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    flytrap wrote: »
    We should have national ID cards, just like most other developed countries.

see? what did I tell you guys!?!
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Hextall wrote: »
    see? what did I tell you guys!?!

LMAOO. That is too funny.
  • Given the general success of the Donald's campaign, I'd like to revisit this issue.
    sherb wrote: »
    How about a true/false citizenship quiz instead?

Dang. I thought this meant you are a citizen?
    a) true
    b) false

Sherb,
    I think we should have a topic discussing the merits of E- verify ��

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.