Well it looks like this chapter is finally going to end soon.

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 23,318 Senior Member
We got a final agreement on my mother's house. This has been very stressful as we were trying to get this done before the reverse mortgage company foreclosed. As it is the final closing date is 2 days before that deadline. This house has been my Mom's house for 40 years so it is like I am truly saying good-bye. This is all so bitter sweet.
'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,209 Senior Member
    We got a final agreement on my mother's house. This has been very stressful as we were trying to get this done before the reverse mortgage company foreclosed. As it is the final closing date is 2 days before that deadline. This house has been my Mom's house for 40 years so it is like I am truly saying good-bye. This is all so bitter sweet.
    I feel for you. I don't know what it's like to lose a parent, but I've admired how you've sacrificed to take care of her these last few years. Not many people do that these days.
  • Sad, but it must be a big relief. Good luck with everything.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    One door closes and another one opens. Good thoughts your way..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • You moving back to NYC?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,318 Senior Member
    The amount of money I am getting wouldn't get me there. Plus now all my comic friends are in LA now. I will try and live on the job I currently have, so small apartment in the local area or rent a room. I am going to try and keep as much as I can while I look for a better job in the LA area. The only thing I am spending on is a good used car, and replace the fishing gear that got stolen when they stole my mom's car.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,854 Senior Member
    The only thing I am spending on is a good used car, and replace the fishing gear that got stolen when they stole my mom's car.

What kind of equipment do you need?

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• What kind of equipment do you need?

Yeah lets crowdsource this. We might be able to get your stuff replaced pretty easily.
    I can certainly help out..

Mike
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,693 Senior Member
    Me too....
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,209 Senior Member
    I'm **** for fly-fishing stuff, but I'll help a brother out.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    If you need tippet rings, I'm your man.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    What kind of equipment do you need?

Well I had my reels in the house already, so they got 3 rods my lumbar pack and fly boxes my Simms Waders and boots. I actually have decided on the stuff I am going to buy to replace and I am looking forward to making those purchases. Something I think you guys can relate to. But if you guys want to help I could use some flies. Stimmies and assorted flies for western rivers would be nice.
    I also started a job selling Direct TV at Costco today. I think that will be good enough to get to the next step, if it works out anyway. Other than the Obamaphones, which I was laid off from for lack of phones to sell, I have never had a sales job before.
    PM your address, Chris. I have more flies than I'll ever use in the rest of my lifetime. Also have a bunch of hand tied leaders also( no tippet rings though)..

Mike
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    PM your address, Chris. I have more flies than I'll ever use in the rest of my lifetime. Also have a bunch of hand tied leaders also( no tippet rings though)..

PM me your address as well, I have some stuff here you could have.
    Thanks guys.
  • Do you have any tungsten? 😜
    Oh crap, they got that too. I do have some lead, but I rarely use it. I only use it in fast water when I gotta get down there quickly and even then I feel guilty. Being the hippy I am.
  • Well you're in luck 'cause I have plenty
    This board is truly awesome.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,176 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Do you have any tungsten? 

Was this forged from recycled rebar?

This is a great idea. Count me in for helping out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.