Okay we give Sherb a hard time

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 23,009 Senior Member
But am I the only one that thinks that these new suits look like the jacket doesn't fit?
'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Replies

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    I loved the Zoot Suits of the 50's! So cool.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,146 Senior Member
    But am I the only one that thinks that these new suits look like the jacket doesn't fit?
    What new suits? I missed something...
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,346 Senior Member
    Me too, Buffy.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,009 Senior Member
    blue_suits_4601.jpg
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • that's the style now. I almost bought one when I was in France.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,346 Senior Member
    Thanks for that update, Captain Obvious.
    It has been clearly demonstrated that you didn't by any new clothing in France. Or Idaho...

;)
    sherb wrote: »
    that's the style now. I almost bought one when I was in France.

That would go great with a beret.
  • Dang. Look at Shawn C throwing shade
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,146 Senior Member
    Guys, I splurged last year and bought three new suits. They are slim fit and I look **** good in them.

I already had a dark charcoal suit but wanted a little more variety. Not that I get a chance to wear suits that often but I've always wanted a job where I have to wear a suit.

The effeminate man that suited me up taught me a lot and gave me my measurements (I have a skinny neck, but really long arms so most off-the-shelf shirts either expose my wrists, or the neck is too big).

Having clothes that fit sure looks a lot better.
    Around the corner from my work they made custom shirts. Before moving to NY, I didn't know they had such things. The shirts weren't as expensive as you would think and they kept your measurements on file.
  • The pants strike me as short.

I'm a Brooks Brothers guy. That said, I haven't bought a new suit in ages.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Those would look really nice with skateboarding shoes.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,553 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    The pants strike me as short.

Good suits last a long long time. When I lived in England in the 1980s it was a status symbol among the aristos and strivers to wear "Dead Man's Clothes", bespoke suits that once belonged to your grandfather.

If I were to wear one of those ultra skinny suits I would look like a pumpkin on stilts.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Steven wrote: »
    The pants strike me as short.

I had a job working in the Mergers and Acquisitions Group as a temp at Chase. When Brooks Brothers had a sale, the floor was empty.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.