Congresswoman says........

EdBEdB Senior MemberPosts: 2,922 Senior Member
....the U.S. war to overthrow Assad is illegal.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article43506.htm

In an unusual alliance, a House Democrat and Republican have teamed up to urge the Obama administration to stop trying to overthrow Syrian President Bashar Assad and focus all its efforts on destroying Islamic State militants.

Reps. Tulsi Gabbard, a Democrat, and Austin Scott, a Republican, introduced legislation on Friday to end what they called an “illegal war” to overthrow Assad, the leader of Syria accused of killing tens of thousands of Syrian citizens in a more than four-year-old civil war entangled in a battle against IS extremists, also known as ISIS.

“The U.S. is waging two wars in Syria,” Gabbard said. “The first is the war against ISIS and other Islamic extremists, which Congress authorized after the terrorist attack on 9/11. The second war is the illegal war to overthrow the Syrian government of Assad.”

Perhaps if the clueless masses won’t listen to “lunatic” fringe blogs or Sergei Lavrov, they’ll listen to a US Congresswoman who served two tours of duty in Iraq and who is now telling Americans that The White House, The Pentagon, and most especially the CIA are together engaged in an “illegal” effort to overthrow the government of a sovereign country and in the process are arming the very same extremists that are attacking civilians in places like Paris.

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    "Congresswoman...."

Stopped reading right there. When and how the f did this happen!?!
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,953 Senior Member
    Like speaking all alone in the forest...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,379 Senior Member
    Well Tulsi Gabbard is no Michelle Bachman. She actually served and has a point. However what should be pointed out to her is that part of our problem in finding allies in Syria to fight ISIS is that we cannot find anyone that will not also fight Assad. What this administration supports is a diplomatic solution that respects the will of the Syrian people.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    CILF.

tulsi-gabbard-new-mug-e1367375549796.jpg
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,738 Senior Member
    She is to teeth as Bohner is to tan.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,922 Senior Member
    Well Tulsi Gabbard is no Michelle Bachman. She actually served and has a point. However what should be pointed out to her is that part of our problem in finding allies in Syria to fight ISIS is that we cannot find anyone that will not also fight Assad. What this administration supports is a diplomatic solution that respects the will of the Syrian people.

Obama and the neocons want to overthrow the Assad regime.

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/25840-focus-neocons-revive-syria-regime-change-plan

Neocons Revive Syria 'Regime Change' Plan

By Robert Parry, Consortium News

12 September 14

Official Washington’s ever-influential neoconservatives and their “liberal interventionist” allies see President Barack Obama’s decision to extend U.S. airstrikes against Islamic State terrorists into Syria as a new chance to achieve the long-treasured neocon goal of “regime change” in Damascus.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,640 Senior Member
    CILF... Too funny.

Chick has some dolphin teeth, though.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,379 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    Obama and the neocons want to overthrow the Assad regime.

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/25840-focus-neocons-revive-syria-regime-change-plan

Neocons Revive Syria 'Regime Change' Plan

By Robert Parry, Consortium News

12 September 14

Official Washington’s ever-influential neoconservatives and their “liberal interventionist” allies see President Barack Obama’s decision to extend U.S. airstrikes against Islamic State terrorists into Syria as a new chance to achieve the long-treasured neocon goal of “regime change” in Damascus.

The Obama administration was reluctant to express an opinion until it appeared that Assad no longer had the support of the populace. Why is it you do not believe that the population that has daisy cutters dropped on them from their own government do not have a right to a diplomatic solution that would remove this ruthless dictator from power? I am sure that were Obama to lend his support for the regime you would be making the exact opposite argument.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Nor does Obama have anyone else we are allied with who thinks it is feasible for Assad to remain in power. Russia obviously wants that but no other western power does.

Russia really is in a weird place with this, and I don't think anyone is going to get them to back away from this. I think our best play is to continue to bomb ISIS and support France's Air Force and other friendly nations who are bombing with aerial support and intel towards whatever type of political solution they decide is eventually best. In the end it probably won't work, but at least we are still killing these animals.
    And... Russian military aircraft reportedly shot down by the Turks and crashes in Syria near Turkish border.
    Not good!

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Days Of Our Lives. Every one hates Issie, But Turkie loves Sam, but Sam loves Kurdy, but Turkie hates Kurdy, but Ivan hates Turkie now, and Sam wants to be buds with Ivan, but Ivan has no other friend but Aussie, but everyone else hates Aussie particularly Sam. Meanwhile the children are being horribly bullied by Issie, but no one knows what to do to help them without making everyone else hate them.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,228 Senior Member
    bBeDN4v4.jpeg

BKK7Id1CEAASEPH.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.