Drone strikes....

2»

Replies

  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,176 Senior Member
    Ed,
    I have found your Christmas present. Please PM me your address and size so Santa can make aspecial delivery.

    i_love_drones_sweatshirt.jpg?height=350&width=350
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,920 Senior Member
    Joe K. wrote: »
    Ed,

    Find us a fat bike movie. That would be more entertaining.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

    I don't post to entertain you.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,943 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    I don't post to entertain you.
    Why do you post then?



    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Joe,
    Is that a good site to list a bike for sale? Any others you know of? I wonder how much I should list it for. Any idea on shipping charges?
    Thanks, Joe!

    There's a northeast bike classified group on facebook that gets a lot of action and I think virtually everythign gets sold there. I think you've mentioned you're one of the anti-facebook folks, but if you aren't, I bet there's a similar group near you that you could list your bike.

    Alternatively, I donated my old mountain bike to a group that does bike maintenance classes for inmates. It was through my local goodwill. Donating it might be way less of a hassle than trying to sell an old mountain bike.

    Here's a bicycle blue book site for pricing: http://www.bicyclebluebook.com/
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,920 Senior Member
    Joe K. wrote: »
    Why do you post then?



    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

    To inform my fellow flyfishers and anyone else who participates here of what our government is doing in their name.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    To inform my fellow flyfishers and anyone else who participates here of what our government is doing in their name.

    Hi Ed. I don't have any problem with your posting anything here on the Lodge. go for it. I may not agree with everything you share, but we're all different, with different viewpoints and experiences.

    That being said... it saddens me to see you put seemingly so much effort into informing people here, knowing there's about a max of a dozen people that actually read at this shithole. I think I've asked this before, but do you have other forums in which you share similar things?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,943 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    That being said... it saddens me to see you put seemingly so much effort into informing people here, knowing there's about a max of a dozen people that actually read at this shithole.

    ^^^This.

    I don't think anyone here cares about drones, war crimes and energy credits.

    Then again...they may not care about fat bikes either.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,322 Senior Member
    If you do not care, why do you post?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,589 Senior Member
    Thanks, Hex. I will look into the eye of the beast and check out Facebook too.
    No way I'm donating it. Your link says its worth about $1,000 to $1,100. I'll try to sell for about $900 and include shipping in the contiguous U.S.

    Ed, can you convert the above amounts to energy credits? ;)
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,176 Senior Member
    Do drones have the same evil chem trails as piloted jets? Inquiring minds want to know. Tin foil hat on.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,589 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Do drones have the same evil chem trails as piloted jets? Inquiring minds want to know. Tin foil hat on.

    Sure, the weight savings by eliminating the pilot, ejection seat and life support systems just means more chemtrail fluid!
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,176 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Sure, the weight savings by eliminating the pilot, ejection seat and life support systems just means more chemtrail fluid!

    Holy crap! Ed has been right all along. The drones will kill us all.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,920 Senior Member
    https://theintercept.com/2015/11/19/former-drone-operators-say-they-were-horrified-by-cruelty-of-assassination-program/

    Former Drone Operators Say They Were “Horrified” By Cruelty of Assassination Program

    U.S. DRONE OPERATORS are inflicting heavy civilian casualties and have developed an institutional culture callous to the death of children and other innocents, four former operators said at a press briefing today in New York.

    The killings, part of the Obama administration’s targeted assassination program, are aiding terrorist recruitment and thus undermining the program’s goal of eliminating such fighters, the veterans added. Drone operators refer to children as “fun-size terrorists” and liken killing them to “cutting the grass before it grows too long,” said one of the operators, Michael Haas, a former senior airman in the Air Force. Haas also described widespread drug and alcohol abuse, further stating that some operators had flown missions while impaired.

    In addition to Haas, the operators are former Air Force Staff Sgt. Brandon Bryant along with former senior airmen Cian Westmoreland and Stephen Lewis. The men have conducted kill missions in many of the major theaters of the post-9/11 war on terror, including Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

    “We have seen the abuse firsthand,” said Bryant, “and we are horrified.”

    At the press conference today, the pilots echoed these sentiments. “It seems like our actions of late have only made the problems worse. … The drones are good at killing people, just not the right ones,” Bryant said. “Have we forgotten our humanity in the pursuit of vengeance and security?”
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,943 Senior Member
    Ed,

    The problem here is climate change. Not drones.



    http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/07/23/3683536/omalley-climate-change-isis/
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,920 Senior Member
    The problem is the U.S. foreign policy.

    http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article43490.htm

    Proof U.S. Government Wanted ISIS To Emerge In Syria

    By Anchor Ben Swann
    Before you listen to one more politician tell you what we need to do, you need to know what politicians knew about ISIS three years ago and the actions they still took.

    Seven pages of a secret Pentagon document were leaked earlier this year. The report is from 2012 and specifically, it explains the dangers of what the U.S. government is doing in Syria at the time. Remember, that in 2012.

    ISIS, as we know them today, did not exist then.

    Page 3 of those leaked pages state three facts about the situation in Syria.

    a) Internally, events are taking a clear sectarian direction
    b) The Salafist, the Muslim Brotherhood and AQI (Al Qaeda in Iraq) are the major forces driving the insurgency in Syria.
    c) The West, Gulf Countries and Turkey support the opposition, while Russia, China and Iran support the regime.

    So to be clear, our Department of Defense (DOD) in 2012 stated that the Russians, the Chinese and Iran were supporting the Assad regime. And that the United States and gulf partners like Qatar and Saudi Arabia were supporting the opposition to Bashar al Assad. But the DOD also made it clear that the major forces driving the opposition were the Muslim Brotherhood, al Qaeda in Iraq and something called the Salafist.


    Because after reading to page 5, and Section 8.C., the DOD report warns, “If the situation unravels there is a possibility of establishing a declared or undeclared Salafist principality in eastern Syria, and this is exactly what the supporting powers to the opposition want in order to isolate the Syrian regime, which is considered a strategic depth of the Shia expansion (Iraq and Iran).”
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,693 Senior Member
    Proof U.S. Government Wanted ISIS To Emerge In Syria

    If the situation unravels there is a possibility of establishing a declared or undeclared Salafist principality in eastern Syria, and this is exactly what the supporting powers to the opposition want in order to isolate the Syrian regime, which is considered a strategic depth of the Shia expansion (Iraq and Iran).”

    Ed, only you would ignore "If" and "possibility", then proclaim that a speculative comment on page 5, Section 8.C. is proof that the USG "wanted ISIS to emerge". It is likely that other possible outcomes are discussed in this paper, which would appear to be a run-of-the-mill assessment describing various possible outcomes.

    Do you really wonder why others mock your posts and your sources?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,176 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    https://theintercept.com/2015/11/19/former-drone-operators-say-they-were-horrified-by-cruelty-of-assassination-program/

    Former Drone Operators Say They Were “Horrified” By Cruelty of Assassination Program

    U.S. DRONE OPERATORS are inflicting heavy civilian casualties and have developed an institutional culture callous to the death of children and other innocents, four former operators said at a press briefing today in New York.

    The killings, part of the Obama administration’s targeted assassination program, are aiding terrorist recruitment and thus undermining the program’s goal of eliminating such fighters, the veterans added. Drone operators refer to children as “fun-size terrorists” and liken killing them to “cutting the grass before it grows too long,” said one of the operators, Michael Haas, a former senior airman in the Air Force. Haas also described widespread drug and alcohol abuse, further stating that some operators had flown missions while impaired.

    In addition to Haas, the operators are former Air Force Staff Sgt. Brandon Bryant along with former senior airmen Cian Westmoreland and Stephen Lewis. The men have conducted kill missions in many of the major theaters of the post-9/11 war on terror, including Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

    “We have seen the abuse firsthand,” said Bryant, “and we are horrified.”

    At the press conference today, the pilots echoed these sentiments. “It seems like our actions of late have only made the problems worse. … The drones are good at killing people, just not the right ones,” Bryant said. “Have we forgotten our humanity in the pursuit of vengeance and security?”

    Last I checked all Air Force drone operators are required to be commissioned officers. There is a move to possibly change this, but I beleive this information is still current.

    http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/military/careers/air-force/enlisted/2015/09/28/enlisted-drone-pilots-decision-expected-early-next-year/72806812/
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,920 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    Proof U.S. Government Wanted ISIS To Emerge In Syria

    If the situation unravels there is a possibility of establishing a declared or undeclared Salafist principality in eastern Syria, and this is exactly what the supporting powers to the opposition want in order to isolate the Syrian regime, which is considered a strategic depth of the Shia expansion (Iraq and Iran).”

    Ed, only you would ignore "If" and "possibility", then proclaim that a speculative comment on page 5, Section 8.C. is proof that the USG "wanted ISIS to emerge". It is likely that other possible outcomes are discussed in this paper, which would appear to be a run-of-the-mill assessment describing various possible outcomes.

    Do you really wonder why others mock your posts and your sources?

    No, I wonder why you refuse to see that our gov't is intent on regime change in Syria and supported the terrorists who are fighting Assad including the groups who have become ISIS. McCain even went over there and encouraged them. There is a picture of him with Al Bagdadi, the leader of ISIS and other terrorist leaders.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,322 Senior Member
    We had no interest in regime change before he started committing mass murder against his citizens further destabilizing the region. If we did not support those that were looking to change the regime, which btw we did little more than lip service to support, you would accuse us of propping up a dictator. There virtually no way to win with you.

    I'd like to see this picture of McCain with Al Bagdadi. There are two leaders using that surname, only one is the leader of ISIS.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,693 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    No, I wonder why you refuse to see that our gov't is intent on regime change in Syria and supported the terrorists who are fighting Assad including the groups who have become ISIS. McCain even went over there and encouraged them. There is a picture of him with Al Bagdadi, the leader of ISIS and other terrorist leaders.

    What parts of "if" and "possibility" challenge your comprehension?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,920 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    What parts of "if" and "possibility" challenge your comprehension?

    There's no if or possibility about it, pictures and leaked documents don't lie. I understand however that one has to look at them to see them.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,693 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    There's no if or possibility about it, pictures and leaked documents don't lie. I understand however that one has to look at them to see them.

    Ed, the source you posted as "proof" includes "if" and "possibility". Since you apparently cannot understand the meaning of these words further discussion would be futile.

    Have a nice day, and watch out for the black helicopters.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,920 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    Ed, the source you posted as "proof" includes "if" and "possibility". Since you apparently cannot understand the meaning of these words further discussion would be futile.

    Have a nice day, and watch out for the black helicopters.

    You have a nice day also George, and watch out for the terrorists.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,943 Senior Member
    Why does George need to watch out for terrorists?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,522 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Last I checked all Air Force drone operators are required to be commissioned officers. There is a move to possibly change this, but I beleive this information is still current.

    http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/military/careers/air-force/enlisted/2015/09/28/enlisted-drone-pilots-decision-expected-early-next-year/72806812/
    I believe the sensor operators are enlisted.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,176 Senior Member
    I believe the sensor operators are enlisted.

    Spot on Bream . One pilot and one sensor operator per bird.
    http://breakingdefense.com/2015/10/how-to-cut-predator-reaper-uav-crew-in-half-lt-gen-otto/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.